Phil Lafayette Ochos Tour

CrusinAgain

Thinking of booking with Phil Lafayette for the Ochos Rios tour that includes Dunn Falls, Fern Gully, Coyaba Gardens.

Question is does he include entrance fees for the Gardens or do we even go inside? Also, I thought I read where there are waterfalls inside Coyaba Gardens?

I have read where some didn't even get to go to the Gardens.

Appreciate any input.

We did Ocho Rios on 7/5. We had Marva Shaw (knowjamaica.com) as our guide for the day. She did not include the entrance fees to either Coyoba Gardens ($10US cash per person), Enchanted Gardens ($5US pp), or White River tubing ($20US pp) in her fee. These were a la carte so to speak because she was so flexible and willing to take us wherever we wanted. We preferred our private tour of the falls and aviary with Clarence at Enchanted Gardens over our tour with Dave at Coyoba Gardens. There are water features at Coyoba but nothing like the fabulous falls at Enchanted Gardens or Dunn's River. Both gardens were lovely but very different. We had a fantastic day seeing the scenery around Ocho Rios with Marva.

Have a great trip!

I emailed him a few days ago he told me the trip includes all admission fees. You can do a search for the Coyaba Gardens to find out if there is a falls. He also takes you to a school so you can visit with the local children.

I emailed him a few days ago he told me the trip includes all admission fees. You can do a search for the Coyaba Gardens to find out if there is a falls. He also takes you to a school so you can visit with the local children.

I never read in any of the threads that Phil takes you to a local school, is this a regular feature ?Reason that I'm asking is I'd bring candy or something, but as it is summer, I'd think school would be out. I'm going to be there on Aug 8th........ really looking forward to it.

Thanks!

I never read in any of the threads that Phil takes you to a local school, is this a regular feature ?Reason that I'm asking is I'd bring candy or something, but as it is summer, I'd think school would be out. I'm going to be there on Aug 8th........ really looking forward to it.

Thanks!

We went past a school, they do have summer school going on. But we did not stop and get out. If you want to bring stuff for kids, there are a bunch who help and hang out at the river tubing area...They'd probably appreciate anything

Just returned today. We used Phenomenal Phil and had a great time. He was fun and took good care of us. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. As for tubing while pregnant, certainly check with your Dr. but it was relativley calm. There was actually very little "white water". More of a faster pace lazy river kind of ride.

http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

Just returned today. We used Phenomenal Phil and had a great time. He was fun and took good care of us. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. As for tubing while pregnant, certainly check with your Dr. but it was relativley calm. There was actually very little "white water". More of a faster pace lazy river kind of ride.

http://www.phil-lafayette-tours.com

What are the "norms" for tipping? I've heard great things about Phil!

There is a waterfall at Coyaba Water Gardens and you can even play around in it. Coyaba is a lot more fun if you do!!

As to tipping, restaurants where there is no service charge 10 - 15%, where there is a service charge 3 - 5%, taxis 10% and up, bartenders $1.00 per mixed drink or two beers, Bellboys $1.00 per bag, and a few dollars to whoever else you feel is helpful. At All-Inclusives were tipping is "not allowed" or "frowned upon" wrap a few dollars in your hand and shake, or for waiters/bartenders/etc, stick a few dollars under you glass.

Hope this helps :D

Thanks!

We're booked with Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios when we arrive on the Triumph 8/8 (assuming Chris doesn't change that). His tour stops at a school where I understand the children sing to us tourist types. We got 15 little boxes of crayons and 15 coloring books for the kids. I emailed Peat a few days ago and asked him if that was enough and he said it would be fine.

Bwanna,

Phil's fee for the excursion was $20.00 per person ($55pp-$15.00 for the falls $20.00 tubing& $20.00 for Phil) We tipped him a bit extra. I think my husband gave him an extra $25.00 but not sure of the amounts for the guides at the falls and tubing. I'm guessing $5.00 or $10.00 to each guide.

Archived