Carseats?

tanishao

How did you all handle carseats? We'll be traveling to San Juan March 2007 for our cruise on the Serenade of the Seas and our daughter will be 17 months by then. Did you take carseats? If not, did you just hold your little one in your lap in the cabs and/or shuttles?

When we cruised last we took DD who was 17 months and DS who was 3, we used sit and strolls.

In hindsight, we probably would only bring it for DD now since DS was a bit too big, and has totally out grown it now...but he's rather tall for a 3 yo.

It's a great device that is a car seat and stroller in one. You can just carry onboard the plane and belt it into the seat (it doesn't stroll down the aisle though, as advertised). We were allowed to use it on the busses and such as well, but I've read that sometimes they don't allow the car seats on the bus....

Have a great time.

We had a Sit N Stroll, which was a great product but expensive. Unless you travel a lot, I would suggest looking for a product called Tote N Go. I bought mine at Wal-Mart several years ago for $20, but OneStepAhead.com and other similar merchants have it. It's a padded backboard that converts a regular seat belt to a 5-pt harness, and it fits easily in a backpack or diaper bag. I highly recommend it for travel. Only one word of advice...adjust the straps to the proper settings in your car at home before your travel!

Archived