If you could add anything on any RCI Ship what would it be?

I would be willing to give up almost all of the space in my inside cabin to have a 6-8 person hot tub in there. They could have more overhead storage, and I would just nod off at night right there in the tub.

Would love to see an all you can eat seafood buffet with shrimp, crab legs and lobster like the one in the Cafe' Caribe on the Caribbean Princess.

All cabins should have a decent sized bathroom with a tub instead of those dreadful shower stalls with clingy curtains.

DH and I would like to second and third this one. We got stuck beside a cigar smoker who never went out, all his meals delivered, for two weeks. The entire side of the ship on Deck 9 reeked, including the hallway. We went to Guest Relations, various filters were tried to keep the smell out, we were offered a room smaller than the one we were in, right up near the bow - and in the end decided to stay where we were and keep the balcony doors open all the time.

It didn't ruin the cruise, but sure made it harder to enjoy.

Fran in Toronto

me and my gf would like to fourth and fifth this one. in jan, when we were on the grandeur of the seas, we had a simlilar incident. only problem was it must of been the people in our room prior to our cruise, and my gf is highly ashmatic, and she could not breath in the room. we went to customer service to talk to someone(around 230) and like we expected, they said they were sold out, and couldnt do anything until we left and then find out if they had an open cabin. no problem, perfectly understandable. we went and explored the ship for a bit, and came back to the room around 415 to find out attendant coming out of the room, with a spray bottle. im not sure what it was in the bottle, as it was unlabeled, but it was something like febreeze that he sprayed on the couch and walls, and they had completely changed the bed sheets and window drapes with out our asking, just to see if that would help. we were in our room around 430 when our phone rang, it was the customer service desk, they asked if the spray/change helped, which it did a bit, but not alot. they informed us that they had another room, same category, different deck. so luckily we got to change rooms, and had a nice surprise in the new room. me and my gf are gold C/A members, the people who were supposed to be in the new room were platinum...so we had 2 books...:p

sorry for the post to be so long, but that is why me and my gf would like a non-smoking ship.

I have a telescope and you won't find them on ships because of the vibration and movement. You can't align one on something that's moving! When I was on Grandeur I tried using my star gazing binocs and that was difficult staying on target with the movement of the ship. I had to free stand to avoid picking up vibration from resting on a railing so my arms got tired. Its a lovely idea but it would only work if the seas were dead calm and the ship anchored (and of course all lights off!!!).

But I'd love a lazy river for tubing around the ship! And I second Rick's motion to add CL on ships that don't have them yet.

A Laundry Room So I Don't Run Out Of Undies :)

I dread going on longer cruises because of the laundry situation! We are tall, big people. Our clothes are big too! :)

How much simpler it is sailing on Carnival or Holland America or Princess---we can travel with half the clothes as when we sail on our beloved RCI.

I never understood why they never had this amenity. It sure doesn't seem to be an issue with the other lines...

Leslie

- an "ironing" room on each level

- a non smoking bar

- a Jazz Club

- a decent wine list

- a Solarium that is really and truly adults only

- a few adult only cruises each year on Radiance class ships

- one dining room for those who prefer casual dress and another for those who prefer a dress code

I have to agree on the "True ADULT solarium" Last yr. in the adult swimming pool there was an older woman trying to swim laps and myself and 5 friends. And a younger kid was in the adult pool constantly jumping in and splashing everyone! No parent around either!

I really like the lazy river idea too!

I would like to see RC have a couch in connecting staterooms.

If RC were to make a certain number of rooms or a section of each floor non-smoking it would prevent them from having to air-out rooms and move new passengers around.

1: A place called the Conservatory (or something similar) where ONLY adults can go. it would be seperate from the solarium, but would include small therapy pools, live gardens, and private message cabanas. (It would be part of the spa) . I think it would be very relaxing!

2: A large LCD Television. Maybe "Movies By The Sea"?) Think about this slogan for RCCL. "Surf While watching a movie." I really do like the Princess idea of Movies under the stars. I think having the flowrider, a medium size pool, and plenty of seating would be awesome if a large LCD screen was above us!!

3: A small, but expensive thing. I really like the flat Screen televisions on the Freedom. It gives more space to put things in the staterooms.

4: A Seafood Specialty Restaurant. If anyone if Familiar with the Colony Club on the Radiance Class Ships, it would be like that. Having nice big windows on the aft and sides of the ship. Maybe it could even be Adults Only!!!

5: I agree with another post. maybe a place to hide so I can stay on for another voyage!!!!!:p

Anti-Chair Hogging apparatus... items left idle by a Chog for over 45 minutes- surely you can find something to eat aboard SS Floating Food Factory in 45 minutes, if not seek medical help!- become part of a special Gift Lottery to a rule- abiding passenger denied a seat by the Chog. (OOh look a a new Grisham! Hey do these shades look good on me? I have never tried this sunblock- yes the downtrodden may trade up) and then a black hole swallows up the Evil Chair Hog who perpetrated the abuse.

And since they are making the ships cell- friendly, I propose blockers EVERYWHERE but your stateroom, and only when the balcony door is shut. Certainly there are folks who for personal or business reasons must remain accessible- they can wander down to their stateroom at appropriate intervals and deal with the crisis in blissful privacy, and allow the rest of us to remain blissful too.

I think RCI has done a great job adding things that passengers find enjoyable. So I will leave that to them. But their are a few things I don't want to see.

1) No MUTS. I don't want to hear a stupid movie while I am walking around the ship at night. There are so many better things to do on a ship than to just sit and stare at a screen showing a movie that I can see at home whenever I want.

2) No bowling alley. It takes up way to much space for an activity that only a few people can take advantage of at a time.

I think thats it.

Empty refrigerators on all ships. I missed not having one in our recent Monarch of the Seas OV room. Hard to keep my chardonnay gift wine in the room cold. I had to ask the room steward for ice in the beginning too. I like to keep bottle water cold in a frig also.

So true!! Why do so many people think Starbucks is good coffee. Have they never had real coffee. That is the most over roasted bitter coffee I have ever had....no matter what starbucks it is.

Give me real coffee over starbucks!

I couldn't agree more, Hate $5bucks, oops I mean starbucks

I couldn't agree more, Hate $5bucks, oops I mean starbucks

I am glad to see that someone of sound mind agrees with me. Never understood the crave. Anyway, you must be burning up out there in Vegas. It is hot hot hot here, I can't imagine what you are dealing with.

Archived