Anyone do a Canopy tour

Cruising Lions

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone done the canopy tour with palm services in st lucia. if so how far is it away from where the ship docks. anyone know how much is costs.

is this the same place the cruise tours go to?

• 1 month later...

The canopy tour is a good 30 min ride from the port; its in the rainforest. I used the ship tour (Princess) and it was a bit expensive? I dont remember the price but it was fun. Only sugestion is to leave the jeans on the boat... It was recommended to wear jeans... so we did but when we got there they looked at us funny and made jokes about "your in the islands mon, what are you doing".

Hi,

Can anyone comment on the ziplines in St Lucia. According to this review, people were disappointed with them in St Martin:

Loterie Treetop Farm (Zip Lining)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went to the Loterie Treetop Farm on 18 August 2006. Boy, was I dissapointed!! The course consist of 32 things that you do.....about 5 of them were zip lines!! The rest were rope bridges and wires that you had to walk across. It was more like a ropes course then a zip line course. I especially loved how Royal Caribbean describes it:

(On the Royal Caribbean site)

"While you soar between the tops of majestic 200-year-old Mango and Mahogany trees, you will experience, “up close and personal” the rich bio-diversity of St Martin’s only rain forest micro-climate (home to the largest bird habitat in the Northeastern Caribbean)."

First, you do not "soar" through the trees....you are about 10 feet off the ground!! You are under the tree tops!! The zip lines are probably 10 to 15 feet in length!! We also did not see one animal other than the dog that lives there.

They take your picture on your first zip line...These came out really well. It cost $20 for one or $30 for two. For an extra $5 they would email you the file.

They did provide us with punch and water at the end of the course..their was also one bottle of Rum that you could drink if you wished.

The entire course took us one hour, but the tour is 3 hours and 45 minutes. It is about a 40 minute bus ride each direction from the ship. The rest of the time you sit there and wait for the others to finish.

My party was at the front of the line, so when we finished we still had about an hour left. They have a small restaurant at the end of the drive, so we walked down there to grab a bite to eat....Needless to say we didnt end up eating. For a side caeser salad they wanted 18 euro!!! With the exchange rate being $1.25 per each euro that comes to a whopping $22.50 for a side salad.....!!!!! No thanks!! So, we headed back up to where the drinks were thinking we would get a snack...Wrong again!! They wanted $6 US for a bag of chips!! We ended up eating on the ship....

Anyway, we did not think it was worth the $82 we paid for it!! They did say in about 5 or 6 years they will have the course 300 feet in the air...wish I would have known beforehand!!

Archived