When are you sailing!!!

parislady40

• 3 weeks later...

Golfergal,

My partner and I will be on the same cruise and plan to do some serious wine shopping in Lisbon before boarding the ship. Staying in Lisbon for 3 days beforehand. Heard it's wise to book the Bistro restaurant when we register. This will be our second Windstar cruise.

Look for the fellows keeping the sommelier busy!

We'll be on the next sailing on Wind Star, November 25th to December 9th, Bardados to Costa Rica, through Panama Canal.

Multiple times cruising, but FIRST time on Windstar!

Then we'll meet in B'Dos I guess. Will be in the "same boat."

I'm flying from Miami the day before and staying at the Accra. First real cruise ever for me (if you don't count dallying through the islands on a 42' catamaran). The more I read this board, the more the anticipation builds up. <g>

Welcome Sergad! I'm glad to hear you will be on the same cruise. I came home from yet another week on the road to find our documents waiting for me. Oh what a joy!

I have so much to do before the 14th, but somehow I will manage. We are spending 2 nights in Lisbon before the cruise and will be tasting and stocking up on wine.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sheila and Craig

Welcome Sergad! I'm glad to hear you will be on the same cruise. I came home from yet another week on the road to find our documents waiting for me. Oh what a joy!

I have so much to do before the 14th, but somehow I will manage. We are spending 2 nights in Lisbon before the cruise and will be tasting and stocking up on wine.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sheila and Craig

Sounds like you will be boarding as we are leaving. Our plans are to taste and purchase wine in Barcelona, if we don't drink it all we will leave it for you:D . I can't believe that we have been planning this for months and now I feel like there are so many last minute things to take care of. Have a great trip. Shirley & Guy

Well, I guess we are officially addicted. We just booked the Windstar Costa Rica Dec 9th sailing. My parents suggested we give each other the cruise for Christmas. Now we don't have to fight over whether they fly up to CT or we fly down to FL for Christmas. What a great idea! So we now have two Windstar sailings coming up.

Sergad - I'm assuming you're John. We will definitely take you up on your kind offer and extend the same back to you and Jack. Where are you staying in Lisbon? We're staying at the Pestana Palace.

Sheila

Sheila,

We're staying at the Bairro Alto. Was recommended by friends who just returned. They also said the antique shopping was pretty great if you're into that sort of shopping. Headed to a Portuguese restaurant next week here in Seattle to get a feel for the cuisine.

Charliewesley - We'll be joining you. Wer'e are so excited for Cost Rica! Unfortunately, DH has limited vacation time, so we are only able to stay 1 night before the cruise and maybe 1 night afterwards. I'm very jealous of your extra days.

Sergad - We went back and forth between the Bairro Alto and Pestana for weeks. The Bairro Alto looks fabulous! The hotel we are staying at in Barcelona is similar in style to the Bairro Alto, so that was the deciding factor as the Pestana is on the outskirts of the city and more garden oriented. I hear the restaurant the the Bairro Alto is exceptional. So I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback on the hotel.

I love almost all kinds of shopping! After our Sicily trip a few years ago, I regretted not picking some of the beautiful antiques we found. We won't make the same mistake this year.

Now I just need to go focus on packing and maybe setting up a tour guide in a few places. Oh, we were supposed to go to Portuguese restaurant for my birthday last week, but i had a nasty cold and only wanted soup. We'll have to try to squeeze that in before we leave!

See you soon!

Sheila

My first time on Windstar, and first time visiting Costa Rica. I'll have overnights in San Jose both before and after the cruise, and sightseeing by coach between San Jose and Puerto Caldera both before and after.

I'm traveling solo -- my husband dislikes air travel and Costa Rica is further than he's willing to fly. So, I'll have ultimate freedom in making travel decisions to suit no one but myself, which is the plus of traveling solo; the minus is there'll be no one with whom to share the moment-by-moment joys of the trip (unless my sister can be persuaded to join me!).

Then we'll meet in B'Dos I guess. Will be in the "same boat."

I'm flying from Miami the day before and staying at the Accra. First real cruise ever for me (if you don't count dallying through the islands on a 42' catamaran). The more I read this board, the more the anticipation builds up. <g>

Finally, someone else on our sailing!!! I created a separate roll call somewhere on the Windstar board, but there have been no replies yet.

We are flying from Chicago to Barbados on Thanksgiving and staying at the Hilton for a couple of nights before the cruise.

DH and I are sailing WindSurf 9/17 Lisbon to Barcelona. So we will be sailing with you, Parislady, and Shirley you will have to make sure the ship is all set for us. Save us a little wine!

Still figuring out what to do at most of the ports, although we do at least have our plans set for Lisbon and Barcelona.

Can't wait!!!

When you feel like unwinding after sight-seeing, relax with AndrewVictoria in the Compass Rose Lounge. Sometimes it's mid-week before people discover them up there and they're definitely worth listening to. Just ask Jana! :o She thinks their tribute show is awesome. They're only on the Windsurf until November 12 so I hope some of you other lucky cruisers will meet them too and give them a hug from Mom!:)

• 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to meeting you as well. We both should be able to do a bit of wine shopping in Lisbon. We'll share a glass (or two) on board.

Regards,

John and Jack

Dear John & Jack,

Were you on the Wind Surf in September 2006, and stayed in Ibiza on the

22nd of September?

Probably we (two dutch men) met you on the (nude) beach (Las Salinas) in Ibiza and recommended a restaurant for having dinner in Ibiza town.

One of the men has a moustache and dark hair, the other has grey hair and are around 5o years old.

Are you the one we met?

Best regards,

Rob

Looking forward to meeting you as well. We both should be able to do a bit of wine shopping in Lisbon. We'll share a glass (or two) on board.

Regards,

John and Jack

Dear John & Jack,

22nd of September?

Probably we (two dutch men) met you on the (nude) beach (Las Salinas) in Ibiza and recommended a restaurant for having dinner in Ibiza town.

One of the men has a moustache and dark hair, the other has grey hair and are around 5o years old.

Are you the one we met?

Best regards,

Rob

Regards,

John and Jack

Dear John & Jack,

22nd of September?

Are you the one we met?

Best regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are on for TWO WEEKS, Barbados north bound, then south bound. We have cruised under the sails of Windstar (all 3 ships) 12 times, but have been absent from them for about 2 years so we are looking forward to this trip. The second week repeats only one port call (Pigeon Island) from the first week. You had better sail these ships while you can, because when they are gone they probably will not be replaced!

Jim and Davi from Saint Simons Island, Georgia

Archived