When are you sailing!!!

parislady40

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just joined this board. Will also be traveling Windsurf June 10th Nice To Rome and then Rome to Venice! This is our first Windstar and can hardly stand the wait! I'm debating over the ships excursions or just enjoying the ports on our own. Any suggestions from those who have sailed these ports and from my future cruisemates?

Welcome sailing gator!! I really haven't had the opportunity to research our excursions yet. We are going to visit Rome & Venice the week after the cruise on a land based trip so I have spent the majority of my time on those plans. One excursion we are considering is to hire a private driver/car when we port in Livorno. From here the driver/car will take us to Pisa and Florence for a day trip. I believe the cruise line offers a similar excursion for $199.00 pp. I have read some really good reviews on drivers/cars for private excursions. We too are really exicited about our first Windstar cruise and have literally been counting down the days!!

I attempted to start a roll call for the June 10th sailing some months back but never had any hits. There are now three of us on this thread sailing on the 10th. Are you interested in starting a roll call to share ideas and information?

Hi Cruisin Halibuts! This is literally my first day on this forum and that was my first post! Not sure how to start a "roll call" but will follow if you do. I did book one excursion and that was the Pisa/Florence with Windstar. Those are a must see. I looked into doing it on your own with the trains and just figured it would be easier and more time efficient with an orgainized group. Didn't look into hiring a taxi/guide. Windstar excursions seem to be pricey but this seemed worth it unless you have other ideas? I'm open for suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

We usually stay at Hotel 1829. Central location to town and interesting place with character. Also, you might check for your own reservations with the hotel that WindStar uses as part of their package. Enjoy

We also stayed there December 2006. Neat little hotel, nice people, within walking distance to the shopping area, if it matters. We arrived Friday afternoon and walked to Cuzzin's for dinner, and were able to get all of our shopping desires out of the way Saturday morning before boarding Wind Spirit in the afternoon.

We didn't feel the need for a beach-front hotel since the rest of the trip was all beaches!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I loved Costa Rica on Wind Star, and recently booked Wind Spirit for next January. I have my f.f. air booked (SEA to STT, a long day of flying), and then will have 2 nights at the Green Iguana Hotel before boarding Wind Spirit for a week of snorkeling and exploring Caribbean Islands -- new territory for me.

If you'd like a look at photos from the Wind Star Costa Rica trip, go to

http://fredasphotos1.shutterfly.com (Click on the Wind Star album.)

A highlight of that trip was the beach BBQ on Tortuga Island, when a nest of sea turtles hatched and the babies scrabbled around our feet as they hurried to the sea. What a thrill that was!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived