When are you sailing!!!

parislady40

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Noticed you have been on Windsurf many times. This will be our first time on Windstar. Any suggestions about dinner attire? I like to dress up.

Also, any recommendations for restauransts in Tuscany and/or Amalfi Coast area? Any tips about Windsurf we should know about?

Will I need a sweater at night?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Deb. Yes we have enjoyed Windstar lines over the years. In regards to dressing up, you will not find gowns as evening attire. Other than that, its up to you. I do find that on the European circuit, people do tend to dress smarter. I tend to like very nice silk which I can dress up or down depending on how I feel, and its also like as far as baggage is concerned.

In regards to restaurants on the Amalfi Coast, we did have a memorable dinner at a restaurant in Sorrento. I will try to dig up the name amonst all the info I have collected. When you are in the big public square, which is where all the tours finish, and where the ship is tendered, at the far right as you enter the square is a lovely al-fresco restaurant. Actually there are many, but this one is next door to a pizzeria...also al fresco. It has a second floor balcony alcove that is open air, so you should see it. The food is really great, no reservations are needed. The flavour of Sorrento comes alive late at night. They even serve you champagne if you have to wait for a table. No one made it back on the early tenders to the ship. Lastly, It is always recommended to take a sweater, but I take only a light pashmina shawl, and find that I only have needed it on occasion in the ship's restaurant. This is one of my favorite and active itineraries, and you will have a ball. Enjoy.

Archived