Visa/Immunizations/Veendam/Amazon

W8tn2sail

I'll try again. Previous attempt disappeared in cyberspace.

Check with your local health department, or the CDC for current requirements. When we did the Amazon, 12-91, on Pacific Princess, we had to have anti-malaria pills and cholera immunization.

Brazil is very strict about Visas. You must have one.

On another cruise, Buenos Aires to Barcelona, (Royal Princess, 3-98), with in-transit stops in Brazil, a party of 5 was denied boarding in BA as they did not have Visas for Brazil.

A ship's officer later told me that had Princess allowed them to board and enter Brazilian waters without Visas, the Brazilians could have fined Princess, and denied landing to all the other passengers!

We did this last fall on the Veendam. You must have a visa for Brazil. You can get one for multiple entry good for 5 years. We had ours for Antartic trip that started in RIO so our visa was still good. You will need some shots. Check with local CDC office.

Would appreciate any information regarding visa and immunizations need for Veendam Amazon Experience cruise visiting Manaus, Brazil, Sept 2006

We have a Roll Call on the HAL board for this cruise and we have discussed all this information amongst ourselves. In fact I was sent a pamphlet that HAL puts out from my T.A., with all the pertinent details. You will not be allowed on board if you haven't a Brazilian visa in your passport. HAL will not refund any of the monies paid if this happens. You also need to take anti-malaria medication and Yellow Fever, Cholera, and Typhoid injections may be necessary. Our doctors here in Australia recommended all of the above injections. In fact we are not allowed back in Australia if we have been to South America and not had a Yellow Fever injection before leaving home.

We would love you to join us. We are having a couple of get togethers whilst on board. Here is the link to our Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=237360&page=13

Jennie

Archived