Question about Aft rooms.....

We enjoy the aft cabins and don't mind the walk at all. Generally I give the furniture a quick wipe to see if soot is a problem and if so I wipe it whenever we go sit outside. Also we keep our crocs by the door and wear them outside.

Pictures of afts on the Navigator, Explorer, Independence, Legend, Brilliance and Jewel in the link below.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy:)

I picked up our travel docs today and our room is aft side, room 7668; next to the last deluxe suite. Anyone have any experience with this room? I'm ordering patches for sea sickness just in case! Someone told me there would be more pitching in this area, not so much rolling but pitching.

Is there any reason why you keep pulling up threads from 2006?

This is at least the third today.

only had two aft cabins so far, but LOVED them. On the Enchantment we did notice some vibration noise, but only when arriving or leaving a port. Did not encounter smells or noise at all, but a slight motion and only ocassionally. We were on deck 8. On the Voyager, we had no noise, sounds, motion, nothing. It was pure heaven and could not get enough of sitting on the HUGE balcony. Booked in an aft cabin on the Radiance in November and can't wait!

See pictures of Voyager aft view here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/573331563pxKGsi?start=0

Do you have any pics of the cabin? I'm booked in 1694 on Explorer and would love to see some! If so, could you email them to me at XXXXXXXXXXX Thanks!

Try this website.

http://www.voyager-class.com/ We have had 1394 (next door to you) twice and loved the room. Massive balcony. A bit of an obstruction from the superstructure but after 20 minutes, or so, you don't notice it. The balcony had 2 chairs, a good sized table, 2 loungers and still had lots of room left over. We heard no noises to speak of, experienced little to no vibrations and no smells. Great room.

There was also the issue of the crew deck below the balcony. The crew would gather there at all times of day or night and the lack of privacy was a bit annoying for me. The crew deck was also brightly lit 24/7. Forget about star gazing or a dark romantic interlude with your sweetie. I won't book an aft cabin again. Thats just my preference.

Try an aft on another class or higher up on the Voyager/Freedom class. The afts on the Radiance class are the best in the fleet. No crew deck below, no superstructure. They are lovely.

Archived