Just back last night-our excursions were . . . . .

MamaQuack

Amazing!!!! In Sitka we booked directly with Sitka Charters. Captain Mike was ready and waiting when we (3 of us) tendered in. His boat was spotless and he is definitely a true pro. We enjoyed talking with him on the ride out but my oh my the highlight was, of course, the fishing!!!! We boated our limit of salmon (no kings though) in less than 2 hours. We had booked him for 6 hours. We were thrilled and told him we were ready to go back. He offered to take us on out for halibut we were already more than happy with what we had - he took us the the floating fish cleaning station where the sea lion, Earl, shows up. What a hoot!!! Anyway, we shipped about 80 pounds of fish home. Sitka Charters was everything and More than we had hoped for.

In Juneau we did Tracy Arm thru the ship. Amazing but a little too long for my tastes. Later in the day we had privately booked a whale watch with Harv & Marv. All I can say is WOW!!! It was incredible. Saw tons of whales up close and personal. Pete was our skipper and he was very interesting and knowledgeable.

Skagway we booked Skagway Floats and it was relaxing as well as scenic. Chris Harper picked us up right on time. We had a nice float - he let our son row. We came upon 3 eagles just sitting at the water's edge and later he showed us 2 nests both with babies - really neat.

We had perfect, sunny weather every day until we arrive in Ketchikan. We had not scheduled any excursion there and were glad. Some of our extend family did the zip lines and loved it. Others in our group were on the Misty Fjords boat - it came back after only 1 hour due to rough waters.

I will be happy to answer any ???

MamaQuack

Do you have any pictures of your whale encounter??? Would love to see those. That is what I went to Alaska to see, and although we saw many from the ship and on my whale watch , we had no close encounters, and for that I am truly bummin'! The best I got was a video of a humpback breaching a little past the back of the ship while leaving Skagway at 11pm. It was awesome to see, but didn't get my "picture" I truly wanted. I should be happy I got to see them, but I am an avid picture taker on that quest for the perfect picture for my wall! Just gices me a reason to go back :D I am going to Hawaii in Jan or Feb, and am planning to do a whale watch there as well, so maybe.........:p

Archived