Free Internet??

kaffybear

Internet access is 35 cents per minute. I believe you need to purchase a wireless card if you have a laptop or if you're using their desktops, you must swipe your key card to begin.

To confirm: Is the free internet service for full suites ONLY if you use the internet cafe? You don't get free wireless if you are in a suite? Guess I thought it was both, but now I'm not so sure...?? Thanks.

To confirm: Is the free internet service for full suites ONLY if you use the internet cafe? You don't get free wireless if you are in a suite? Guess I thought it was both, but now I'm not so sure...?? Thanks.

Nobody gets free wireless, no matter what your accomodation. Then again, maybe the Captain? :)

Arlene

Nobody gets free wireless, no matter what your accomodation. Then again, maybe the Captain? :)

Arlene

Yet we were told by a Princess customer service rep that our PH Suite on the Crown Princess in September would have in-suite FREE WiFi Internet using our own laptop.

We know how variable such answers can be. Certainly not to question your accuracy, Arlene, but does anyone have the definitive answer here?

Free Internet connection in suites?

Free WiFi in suites?

The Princess Cruise Answer Book states in part: "...Or bring your wireless-enabled laptop and access the Internet from the comfort of our beautiful Purser's Lobby/Atrium and the surrounding luounges and bars. "

Yet we were told by a Princess customer service rep that our PH Suite on the Crown Princess in September would have in-suite FREE WiFi Internet using our own laptop.

We know how variable such answers can be. Certainly not to question your accuracy, Arlene, but does anyone have the definitive answer here?

Free Internet connection in suites?

Free WiFi in suites?

On our cruise, a friend was staying in a huge suite. He was P.O.'ed big time because he was not given free wireless internet in his suite.

The Princess Cruise Answer Book states in part: "...Or bring your wireless-enabled laptop and access the Internet from the comfort of our beautiful Purser's Lobby/Atrium and the surrounding luounges and bars. "
Yes, you can do that............for the price of 35 cents per minute.

Wireless internet is by the minute and you do not need to purchase their card. I used it on the Crown, just a few weeks ago. It's in all public areas, not in cabins and it is thirty five cents a minute.

Wireless internet is not included in the "free for suite users" offer. You must use the internet in the internet cafe and their computers.

There is no internet in suites. Our friend FCCORP can verify this. He was in an owners suite.

I found a number of free (unsecured) wireless acces points whilst in port. I was on Aloha, Sea Princess and found points from my balcony in Barcelona, Monaco and Palma. I didn't try every port. Most were standard hi speed links, unlike the 35 cent per min. slowish wireless link onboard. Great for us as I don't use web based mail and can therefore create mail offline and log on to send/receive.

Used the ships wireless onboard but only in the atrium. Not the internet cafe on the Promenade deck! The 35 cents per min was charged directly to my account and no card was necessary apart from creating the account on one of the ships PCs with your key card.

Don't forget to note your login and password as this will stay the same for the duration of the cruise.

Ian

Archived