Paradise beach review and a big thank you to Tom

ljrfrm

It was wonderful! We were there on Friday July 2 and loved every minute of it. We arrived around 1 pm - and Tom immediately found us chairs and an umbrella in a great location to be able to watch the kids in the water. Although there were plenty of other people there, we never felt crowded. Our waiter Fernando was great.....was available whenever we needed him but never felt like he was hovering over us. The margaritas were great and the Nachos were spectacular! We went kayaking, played on the trampoline, climbed the iceberg, snorkeled (yes, it's free - you just have to pay a deposit, which was returned), floated on mats, and had a great time and it was all free!! The only money we spent was for drinks (we had a lot!) and food.

Tom- thanks for such a great day. Having three boys ranging in ages from 3-12 - it was the perfect spot for all age groups. Thanks for setting us up and helping us get the taxi to mini golf when we left (which was great too by the way). We enjoyed talking to you about Spain...my son wants to know if he set an iceberg record..he stayed on the top for one hour and 33 minutes - and is quite proud of every minute he managed to hang on up there.

Thanks again - we hope to be back soon!

Lisa and Fernando

Guest Time2gocruzn

Thanks for the review. What did you think of this beach for your 3 yo. We will be here when my sons are 4 and 1.75, and was wondering how it would be for them. Would my 4 yo be able to play on the trampoline if dad went w/ him? Was the sand soft? Are water shoes necessary for the kids? Is the surf gentle, and are life jackets necessary for the kids? Really helps to hear from someone else who has been there w/ SMALL kids. I know the bigger kids love it, but just want to be prepared with the little ones! Thanks!!

Just out of curiosity, how does one recognize Tom?? Does he have a shirt on that says P.B. Tom???? Any help would be appreciated, or should we just call everyone Tom!!! Who knows by the end of the day we may just be doing that...

Cheryl

We had another CC member point Tom out to us....but you can't miss him. He spends his time walking around, introducing himself and helping you out. The staff are all dressed the same, so they're easy to spot....so if you don't see him, just ask one of them.

About PB and young children....it was perfect! My 3 y.o. played on the shore, floated with us on a mat, and I think he could have gone to the trampoline except he's a bit afraid of water. It's a bit offshore - you have to swim, but if your child is comfortable in the water, yes - it's doable. I brought water shoes but didn't put them on - it wasn't rocky at all, at least where we were.

One thing I forgot to mention before....our tablemates went to Paradise Beach also. As he was swimming, he lost his wedding ring - the staff was wonderful in helping him look for it - went in the water with snorkel gear and looked for quite awhile.....they didn't find it but it wasn't for lack of trying. Another person lost their snorkel mask, and they also went above and beyond to help them look for it. Talk about service.......

My kids enjoyed the snorkeling but don't really have anything to compare it to - as this was their first snorkeling vacation. Tom told us that there was some snorkeling out past the water trampoline....not that far out but a bit of a swim. My boys didn't want to go out that far (a lazy day!) but they liked to just snorkle around shore and look at the little fish. I'm sure someone can tell you better about the snorkling further out......

Lisa and Fernando...it was great meeting you guys, glad I had time to hang out and chat for awhile! Tell your son to quit hogging the iceburg! (yes, he has the record!) Thanx for posting a great review, and hope you make your way out here again one day...adios! Oh, who won mini-golf?

djklove...the sand isn't super-soft, 'cause we don't have waves on this side of the island to pound it fine, but I see kids everyday playing in it, so that shouldn't be a problem. No waves, unless we get an onshore wind, which is uncommon. Life jackets are not needed, but we have 'em if ya need 'em. Hope to see you soon...adios!

spikera...answered this question in your other post :)

kapcruiser...you can't find great snorkeling off a natural sand beach in Cozumel. Having said that though, we do have a couple of coral heads that we marked with red buoys that are home to lots o' fishies. If you are looking for something more than a "beginner" snorkel, I would suggest Dzul-Ha, (about 3-4 miles north of us) or taking a snorkel tour that goes offshore to Columbia and/or Palancar reef. Have a great vacation!

Tom-

Fernando won the mini golf, like always. We ended up having a blast....several of the Paradise employees played right behind us so we talked and got some inside scoop on the ship :) I lost by a mile.....always do....but maybe all those margaritas didn't help! Boys voted today by the way...Cozumel was their favorite port....followed by Grand Cayman...so you beat the stingrays!

Lisa

kapcruiser...try to find me before you go snorkeling, I'll give you some tips before you get in the water. (I used to work on a snorkel tour boat for years!) I usually get to the beach around noon, so look for me "meeting-and-greeting" the guests on the beach...adios!

Lisa...did you order additional cocktails with the radios they gave you at the mini-golf? I love playing there, it's a hoot! Say "HI" to your family for me...adios!

Tom -

I loved the radio idea to order drinks and we carried it around with us "planning" to order. I got so busy talking with the couple that work on the Paradise, can you believe I forgot to order? Yes, I forgot about drinks....go figure.

I made up for it that night on the ship at the Mexican buffet! Had some yummy drinks...almost as good as your margaritas!

Archived