Where is the best snorkeling?

maclady

This is our second trip to St. Lucia. We took the volcano and plantation tour last time and enjoyed us-but this time we want to focus on snorkeling, We've heard the best snorkeling is near Soufriere and we are looking into boat trips that go to the Ti Kaye or Anse Chanstenant resort for the day . Can anyone tell us which would offer the best snorkeling? Any alternatives anyone can suggest? Thanks for your help Karen and Dean

• 1 month later...

Anse Chocon and Soufierie area are the best places on the island to snorkel and Scuba dive on the island of St. Lucia. We did have some great time viewing the under water world in these two locations. There is so much to explore in these areas. These areas are reserve for marine life you will love it. Checkout ***** for special offers and ambasador service. There's a guy name John on the island he can organise a great tour as well tel 758-450-4525

Jodi, I was looking at booking with this company, too. I couldn't get your link to work, but here is another one that I have: http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm

So, you heard good things about them? I think that they will be the ones we book with. Like the OP, we did a wonderful land tour last time and are looking at doing some snorkeling.

Jodi, I was looking at booking with this company, too. I couldn't get your link to work, but here is another one that I have: http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/schedule.htm

So, you heard good things about them? I think that they will be the ones we book with. Like the OP, we did a wonderful land tour last time and are looking at doing some snorkeling.

Sheffie, on various trips to St. Lucia, we've done the Land and Sea to Soufriere tour, the sail to the Pitons tour, the 4x4 and rainforest hike tour, used Frank for a tour one year, last year did a custom tour where we did a rainforest hike and then went to Pigeon island, and did a day at Ti Kaye one year. This will be our 7th trip to St. Lucia, and we've enjoyed everything we've done there. We spent our day at Ti Kaye back in January 2003. I found them over the internet, just the resort, when we were looking for someplace good to snorkle on our own. They didn't have the day package back then, but sent their own water taxi for us, gave us use of the lounge chairs on the beach, for those of us who didn't bring our own snorkling gear they allowed the use of theirs, and we had lunch at the resort restaurant, a beautiful place overlooking the sea up about 160 steps. The entire day cost us under $50.00 per person. Island Divers didn't exist back then. We actually haven't heard anything about Island Divers, but from what I read on their website, they were actually founded by the owner of Ti Kaye. When we decided that we wanted to return to Ti Kaye this year, I went back to the Ti Kaye website and e-mailed them. Rita, who had e-mailed me in the past about coming to Ti Kaye, forwarded our request on to Island Divers, and they e-mailed me back. The link was actually the one in their e-mail, but I just went to the website and cut and pasted the link from by browser: http://www.islanddiversstlucia.com/. Let's see if that works for you. Actually, buy just clicking on your link and then erasing the schedule.htm, you end up at the same place. I'm pretty sure we're going to go ahead and use them - the website looks appealing, we know we enjoy that beach and the snorkeling, and while we did beach entry last time, it looks like we'll be able to do boat entry if we go with them. There's plenty to see from the beach, but going off a boat should be fun.

Jodi

Glad to hear that you have been to that beach/ resort before. I have e-mailed Terroll and have gotten great responses from him. I guess I just wanted to hear that this is a good place and they are reliable. We love snorkeling, and I saw some great pictures from this area. I don't know if we will be able to catch the boat out or not; depends on what time our ship gets in.

Thanks for all of the great information!

Archived