Best Places to eat in San Francisco???

BURWASHT

Okay, it's official - Bush was here in Stockton yesterday and he ate at 'In n Out Burgers.' I'd atill try and eat some place else in SF, especially since there are so many fantastic places there. Just thought though that I'd send this along.

Charlie

Okay, it's official - Bush was here in Stockton yesterday and he ate at 'In n Out Burgers.' I'd still try and eat some place else in SF, especially since there are so many fantastic places there. Just thought though that I'd send this along.

Charlie

There was a write-up in our newspaper yesterday about the new Michelin Guide star ratings for San Francisco and the Wine Country. Here are the San Francisco ratings it gave:

2 Stars - Aqua (I love it), Michael Mina

1 Star - Acquerello, Boulevard, Sushi-Tei, Fifth Floor, Fleur de Lys, Gary Danko, La Folie, Masa's, Quince, Range, Ritz-Carlton Dining Room, Rubicon (another favorite of mine).

The only 3-Star rating (their highest) for the entire area was for The French Laundry in Yountville (Napa County).

Enjoy!

DH and I went to Gary Dankos about 4 years ago. I've been only once. DH has been several times - on business. The price is based on the number of courses you order - 3 to 7? You can order anything on the menu as a course. If you order several entrees they are smaller portions.

The portions are not very large - the food and presentations is excellent. It is a different type of restaurant experience. Everything is presented very artistically. The menu changes and has a wide variety.

I enjoyed the experience but did not need to go back. There were many other restaurants that I liked better. We lived in SF for about 4 years and did a lot of restaurant dining.

For something different - the Slanted Door (asian fusion) is now in the Ferry building which is close to the cruise terminal a cheap streetcar ride. Food is served family style. On our Radiance repo we made reservations 2 months in advance - since my friend really wanted to eat there. It is upscale and very happening - with a lively bar scene.

If you want decent food at Fisherman's Warf, I would do the Franciscan! Awesome view and I tend to go there for lunch sometimes. Another option is to take a ferry ride across the bay and have lunch in Sausolito or Oakland Jack London Square (Theres a good northern italian resturant that serve pretty good brunch). If a view is what your in for, the Hilton (Downtown) and the Fairmont both have really fancy meals served on the very top floor. Also the Hyatt at the Embarcadero (one closer to the ferry building) have a rotating dining room on the top floor (view is mostly obstructed by tall buildings surrounding the complex). If you want decently price food but with out jepodizing quality I would check out China House located at 2237 Powell Street which serves chinese food... next door is a classic san francisco italian restruant call Ceasar which serves some of the best italian food in town. I think the last two resturant are located on Powell and Bay just a short 3 to 4 blocks walk from Fishermans Warf. THan my all time fav resturant in San Francisco is the House of Prime Rib! They toss the salad infront of you, even carve the meat infront of you too!

Also if your in the mood for a dinner and a movie, check out the Metreon... for $20 you get a movie ticket, chicken fingers, seasoned fries, and a very very large soda with free refills... and if your a AMC Movie Watcher member, you get points too! ($10 for the movie, $10 for the meal, not bad if you ask me)

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is a chain and you can go anywhere in the US, but none with the view you will get from a patio seat at the one in SF. It is on the top of Macy's in Union Square. The patio has heaters, and you can watch all the entertainment below if you can wiggle your way into a seat at the edge. Not too far from BART or the Powell Street cable care station. Great food and not pricey!! It is a chain, but wouldn't miss the opportunity to eat there if I were in the city. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe someone is actually going to San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf and will go to In-and-Out:p . Yes, their hamburgers are good, but you can eat them almost anywhere in the west. Almost all seafood restaurants in the Wharf area will offer a steak or hamburger equivalent. But to each his/her own:D

BUT, if you aren't from the west coast and have never had one it is a great choice! We So Cal foks are spoiled....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived