should i be worried about the weather?

jstducky

i was just checking weather.com and i noticed that they predict showers for grand cayman next wednesday, when i'm supposed to be there.

just curious, for those of you who have been to the caribbean... should i be worried about the weather? are we talking quick tropical rain storms? or are we talking about showers all day long?!?!?

Weathermen are lucky if they can predict 48 hours ahead with any accuracy. You're concerned about 8 days away? Last year the daily paper put out on our ship said that we were going to have showers in Grand Cayman the very next day. It was 80s and sunny.

Aside from which, don't worry about things that you have no control over. Some showers on a cruise in the Caribbean is probably better than a sunny day at work.

i noticed that the weather for cozumel on weather.com today stated 93 degrees, but feels like 106!

considering that we'll be overnighting in cozumel, cool temps would be greatly welcomed!

These temperatures are about normal for summer. Carry water and wear a hat.

I am bringing one of those little spray bottle fans as well. This is weather you can chew. The heat and humidity surround you like a blanket. I did find on my last cruise (August) that I got used to it as I went along. Being from the Pacific Northwest we don't get a lot of really muggy weather.

If it's grand Cayman you are worried about the weather is the least of your problems. You see GC is that 50/50 Port. The sun could be shining bright and not a cloud in the sky but if the waters are rough you will not go ashore and that's a fact! Although the chances are higher you do get to go, on the week you go it's a 50/50 chance. You just don't know until the ship pulls up there. I've heard of them going to the other side to drop anchor but some of the bigger ships can't make it to the other side. I've been to GC when there was showers and it didn't hurt a thing as I was so happy to just be there rain or shine. You hear lots of complaints here about not being allowed to tender at GC and like the weather there is not a thing you can do about it.

On one of my trips, we had rain for 10 mins. It was very warm and wet. Ten minutes later it was dry and sunny and so was my clothing. Enjoy it. This is what tropical rain forests are all about.

Don't worry be :) .

We were in Grand Cayman last week. Before we left weather.com predicted 60% chance of thunderstorms with high winds. We had a beautiful, clear day, little to no wind and smooth seas. There is always a worry with the tenders but I have heard from many people that there is about a 1 in 10 chance that you won't stop. Have fun!

Even if there are showers, they may not affect you. When we were there last week, we could see dark clouds and rain falling in the town and over the ships. However, we sat on Sea Grape Beach in complete sunshine. By the time we returned to town, it had all blown over.

Archived