When do I book my formal dinner time?

St.Love

When you booked your cruise your TA or PVP should have asked you if you preferred early or late seating. If they didn't, you should contact them with your choice. However, this doesn't mean you'll get it. If you don't like the time you end up with, and you won't know until you board the ship, it's possible to see the Maitre D' to ask about a change. IF they can accomodate you they will. And the time is for every night, not just formal. :)

your formal night time will be the same as the rest of the nights.

your table will stay the same all cruise also-- both willbe stated on your sign and sail card.

Your dining time will be the same throughout your cruise..

early times are 5:45 and 6:15

late times are 8:00 and 8:30

Ok I registered online and don't see where I pick my dining time?

Did your agent ever ask you if you prefer early or late??

I would be calling today to make sure you "request" what you prefer.

St. Love - Nobody except Platinum status passengers get to choose their specific dining assignment.

You won't know FOR SURE until you receive your Sail & Sign card just prior to boarding the ship. The card will show your dining room, table number, and time. All requests for dining assignments are just that - requests only.

Don't worry about it though.. as soon as you get your Sign and Sail card it will have the time on it and the table. If it is not what you wanted, go to the Purser's Desk ( I think 1:00pm ) and they will change it for you.. they are very accomodating.

We had 18 people and they fixed it so we could all eat at the same time within a few feet of one another.. 10 of us had been able to cross reference booking numbers through our TA's and Carnival but the other families were at different times and tables.. they worked it out very easily and the second night we were all together.. no problem.

I'm new to Carnival and this concerns me alittle, that I will not be able to choose my preferred dining time. Is this really true you want know until you get on board?

We have always gotten the seating we requested so I wouldn't worry about it.

On our first 5 cruises we got the seating we requested. However, on

our 6th cruise with 3 grandchildren and their parents, we were given late

seating although we had requested early because of the children, ages

16 months, 7 and 8. We went to the maitre'd (at around one, after

boarding) and asked to have the times switched. He said he would try

and let us know by leaving a message in our room. No message ever came

and the next day we went back. We were told that could not switch.

Just wanted to let you know that you do NOT always get what you ask

for ;)

I'm new to Carnival and this concerns me alittle, that I will not be able to choose my preferred dining time. Is this really true you want know until you get on board?

Yes, it is really true.

When you first get to your cabin, there will be a copy of the Capers (ship's daily newsletter). In there will be an announcement as to the time and place the Maitre d' can be seen to request a change. He will do his best to accommodate you.

Don't go to the purser's desk...that's not their job. The Maitre d' is in charge of the dining rooms.:)

Archived