How do I book excursions?

St.Love

You have to register on Carnival.com - click on "my reservation" on the top of the home page. After you put in your booking number and fill out your "fun pass" you can click on the excursion option and see whats available, and even book if you choose! ;)

You will have an opportunity to book after you get on the ship, but sometimes some excursions sell out quickly. You do have to, as far I know, book before the time of the excursion. I don't think you can just show up as the excursion is about to begin and say you want to go.

Check out the ports of call section of these message boards. You might read about something that helps you decide what you want to do.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

If you see something you like, book it! There may be some slots open when you board the ship, but some of the more popular excursions tend to fill up fast and may no longer be available when you board.

You have to register on Carnival.com - click on "my reservation" on the top of the home page. After you put in your booking number and fill out your "fun pass" you can click on the excursion option and see whats available, and even book if you choose! ;)

fun pass does not have to be filled out in order to view excursions offered.

you can register your cruise on the carnival web page by clicking the MY PROFILE option in the top right hand corner... then clicking on add a booking number. Some ships excursions do not come available until a certain days before the cruise.

Thanks I'm registered now :) . I'm looking at the excursions and are the prices per person? Yikes I can see this will be pricey (haha). I have 4 kids ages 8-6-3-1. I'd imagine the 1 year old is free....

Yes, I too wanted to book excursions before we go. We're on the Victory in January 2007. BUT, I'm having problems filling out my Funpass. When I get to the "after the cruise" bit, no matter if I "Save and return later" or "continue", all my info disappears (Miami to London Jan 2007) and it says Orlando to Las Vegas in May 2006.

I spoke to the Carnival people in the UK and they said Oh well you don't really need it anyway" .....fancy!

So I emailed the head of Marketing at Carnival US - it was the only email address I could find of someone quite high up in the hierarchy. So far they haven't even acknowledged my email.

So it looks like we will have to wait until we are aboard to do anything about the excursions.

I too am booked on a cruise in Jan. It will only let me view my shore excursions not purchase them. And carnival is never any help when I call. So just like last year I will have to fight to get in line at the excursion desk.

Definitely check out the ports of call Board. You can save a lot of $$ by booking your excursions independently. We did one once where we saved over $40/pp. There are 6 of us so that adds up. The only time I book through the ship is 1) when the excursion I want is only offered through the ship 2) the excursion I want to do takes up most all of our time in port (ie excursion is 7 hours and ship is in port for 8 hours) or 3) if the excursion requires me to travel inland for more than an hour (ie some of the ruins tours in Western Carribean you have to go inland for about 2 hours). Hope this helps.

Step by step for booking online:

1. Register with carnival.com.

2. Login by selecting my profile.

3. If your cruise does not appear in the Current Reservations box click on add a Booking # (you require your booking number for this step get it from your TA).

4. Once your cruise shows up in Current Reservations click on cruise details.

5. You should now be looking at your itinerary with an "Add shore excursions" link beside each POC (If online booking is available). Click on this link, and you will get a list of available excursions with there prices.

Note, you do not have to complete your fun pass to book excursions, however online booking may not be available more that 180 days out.

Hope this helps.

I too am booked on a cruise in Jan. It will only let me view my shore excursions not purchase them. And carnival is never any help when I call. So just like last year I will have to fight to get in line at the excursion desk.

I retract my statement :rolleyes: As of last night I have a single excursion available for purchase on Roatan. :D Therefore, it must take a while for them to start showing up.

For those of you who might be like me and have "dingbat" moments, you'll find the "Add Excursions" next to the port of call on your reservation page. I was looking and looking up at the top near My Reservation and My Profile. I was just about to call Carnival when I spotted that very small print! Duh.....I feel like an idiot! :O

Archived