What's the BEST excursion in Costa Maya?

jessicarwills

On past cruises we've tended to make our own excursions and it's always been fantastic. At Costa Maya though my daughter and I had a harrowing experience that could have ended up with our missing the departure (in fact, perhaps a dozen passengers at that port did exactly that; an expensive mistake ...). So I think, for this port, we'll just sign up for the "Royal Caribbean Costa Maya Beach Snorkel" unless anyone posts some intriguing suggestions in this thread ...

Just wondering what we should do in Costa Maya, (never been) Thanks Jessie:D

If you want a nice tour of the ruins the David and Ivan tour always gets rave reviews. Below is a link with tour and booking info:

http://www.chacchobenruins.com/

If you just want to chill out on a beach you can catch a taxi to Mahahual and take your pick of of which resturant/bar area you want to stop at on the beach.

I think the best kept secret is the Chac-Chi resort right next to the port area. It might require going through, around, or under a fence to get there. Below is a very long thread that has a lot of info and pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=291724

We loved Costa Maya when we were there last month and hope to get back again in the near future.

John

Best Kept Secret..

Chac-Chi resort right next to the pier. As you are walking off the pier..look to the right and you will see it. This place is so wonderful and it costs NOTHING!

Ive been there and it was one of my very best port days.

Read the thread on "Resort Next to the Pier"

It looks like a great place for adults but what about kids? I will be in Costa Maya next Wednesday and we have 7, 8 & 10 year old boys in our group and they like to be active all the time. The idea of seeing monkeys on the drive in and other wildlife sounds good but I'm just worried they'll complain they are bored the whole time.

Doug

Archived