Which class....

....do you prefer, Voyager or Radiance? Any thoughts, opinions, etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tracy

Tracy,

Our first cruise was on the Radiance of the Seas, and our second cruise was on the Adventure of the Seas. Truth is, we really like both classes of ship.

The Radiance was great for a first cruise because although it is big, it is not as massive as the voyageur class and was a nice entry level ship - plus it is an absolutely beautiful ship with tons of glass. The AOS was spectacular and we really enjoyed the enhanced features of the larger ship, like the Royal Promenade.

I can't find fault with either class and would highly recommend both.

At the end of the day, it is all about preference.....there is a lot to see and do on both ships - the Radiance class is perhaps a little more intimate because it is smaller.

Good Luck with your choice - you can't go wrong either way in my opinion! :)

I waver a bit back and forth....it kind of depends on my travel companions. However, I prefer Voyager class for travel with people that are 'on the go' and more active. PLUS I love shopping in the promenade. For a more laid back, relaxing trip I love the pretty atmosphere on the Radiance class.

Dorie

We much prefer the Radiance class. The Promenade in the Voyager class reminds me of being at The Mall of America. I can stay home & do that.

It really comes down to what is right for you. If you have kids, go with Voyager class. If you prefer a bit more refined experience, choose the Radiance class. We love the walls of glass and the open feeling of those ships as opposed to the more closed in feeling of the Royal Promenade on the Voyarer class ships.

we much prefer the radiance class - all the glass and open feeling and despite their size there is still an intimate feeling of not being crowded and overwhelmed. but the main problem we have with the larger ships is that they are limited in where they can go - can't go through the panama canal, several islands including bermuda won't permit freedom class. the thought of dumping almost 4000 passengers at one tiny port is overwhelming in the worst sense, in my opinion. but some go for the biggest and the newest.

We love both for different reasons. Voyager is great because of her size, love the promanade, ice rink, etc. However the Radiance class ships have more glass and are just beautiful. If you are traveling with kids I say do Voyager, if you are taking a romantic cruise with your honey, then maybe you will like Radiance better. You can't go wrong with either class in our book!!

I know Voyager class is larger, but I couldn't see where it was THAT much bigger than Radiance! Either one is good for me. I did find that more pool chairs seemed to be available on Radiance class--but the food was better on Voyager class! Service was wonderful on both! Wow--it's a toss-up!

Archived