Xspeed Boat Xcursion or ATV Xplorers?

annieosu

DH and I will be in Costa Maya the first week of December (cruising on Royal Caribbean). We'd like to do something more than just hang out on the beach and/or shop. Does anyone have experience with either of these tours... the Xspeed Boat Xcursion or ATV Xplorers & Beach Tour? Or, do you have any other suggestions? We've read the rave reviews about David & Ivan... we're just not the sightseeing types.

Thanks!

Annie

• 4 weeks later...

Annie,

I'm not sure if the ATV tour you mentioned is the same one we did. Our was titled All Terrain Expedition or something similar. The few lines of decription were something to the effect of "your 4x4 converted vehicle will take you through the jungle to a white sand beach, etc." Well, we (as did quite a few people I talked to on the trip) felt a little misled. Our 4x4 vehicle turned out to be a modified bus-thing. It was about the size of a box truck, with the sides mounted with roll bars and open-aired. There were 20+ to each vehicle and 1 tour guide. The road through the jungle was just a dirt road to get to the beach. Sure there was green vegetation on both sides, but not jungly like I imagined. Anyway, it was $80-something a person and not what we expected. The tour guide was nice and knowledgeable about the area. But when we found out our tour in Cozumel would be with the same local tour company, we switched to a reef snorkeling trip instead.

Archived