Age restrictions for spa treatments?

njdgs

According to the website you must be 18 to get certain spa treatments, such as massages. My daughter, who will be just shy of her 18th birthday when we sail, has reserved a massage through the Cruise Personalizer. Will they not allow her to get this massage? Has anyone had any experience in this area?

Minimum Age

We require that you must be over 18 years of age before you indulge in any body treatments. If a parent or guardian makes the booking and is present for the duration of the treatment, those aged 13 and older may enjoy our spa services such as facials, manicures and pedicures.

That was direct from Princess website...

also on CB patters... they have something called 'Ladies Night' and something called 'Teen night' for 49 dollars that's an hour and includes several things... maybe someone here has done the Ladies night or Teen night that can be specific.

Meg

I would agree with that if you are referring to some type of deep tissue massage, and perhaps that's the point of contention with some people here. I rub my kids' backs, shoulders, feet, etc. all the time when they come back from sports and have since they were little and the only credentials I have is that I'm a loving mother. My husband has been giving me back rubs for years, and he's had not one minute of training. It's really no big deal. A gentle massage is not going to hurt anyone.

point taken...this probably wasn't a big deal. My son would get a foot massage if we let him and he is only 7...:)

Archived