Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral?

What is the best way (time and cost) of getting from Orlando airport to the cruise terminal? We've never done a cruise out of PC so not sure where/how to go about it. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks so much!!

Budget - $38.66 1 way (we got a compact as only the 2 of us). Drive over bridge by port (drool as you pass by your ship), fill up rental with gas, 2 traffic lights later return rental (both gas station and rental are on the right hand side of highway A1A as you go into Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach), free Budget shuttle back to ship terminal (we tipped the driver). When you get back, all the rental agenies shuttles will be parked along the fence on the far side of the parking lot. If yours isn't there, they'll be back shortly.

If you go to http://www.mousesavers.com you can get a discount code for Budget that will be an even lower price than the previous poster stated. They give wonderful service. We use them everytime we go out of Port Canaveral and by our sig you can see we have been there numerous times. We did use Avis once and while it was ok, their service was not as good as Budget.

Tim

You might want to run some numbers before you make a decision.

Renting a car is best IF you are a small group (2-4) and travel plans are identical, or very close. In our case we have a cruise coming up in which all 6 of us arrive at MCO at the same time. We can rent 2 compacts or 1 minivan (much more expensive). On the return, we leave at different times, so 2 cars is the only option. Once you add up all the taxes, etc., there is really very little difference between renting cars and using a shuttle service, plus the shuttle service will take us door to door, no lines, no signing a bunch of papers, no dropping the car off and getting a ride back to the hotel, etc.

If it was 2 of us, I'd rent a car. This time, though, we're taking a shuttle.

We used Budget last year and found they did not send enough shuttles and had to wait over 45 minutes ... we are trying Avis for our upcoming cruise in October. Any people with any info on Avis? They had better prices too.

We used Budget both ways...$22 to Port Canaveral and $39 for the return. We got off the ship early and our flight wasn't until 5 pm so we did a little side trip to Kennedy Space Center on the way back. If you do this...allow at least 5 hours Kennedy...we were very surprised at how much there was to see!

We used Budget both ways...$22 to Port Canaveral and $39 for the return. We got off the ship early and our flight wasn't until 5 pm so we did a little side trip to Kennedy Space Center on the way back. If you do this...allow at least 5 hours Kennedy...we were very surprised at how much there was to see!

We also followed up with Kennedy Space Center--an incredible experience. Be sure to have lunch with an astronaut if it's available! A great learning opportunity for grown ups and kids alike!

Budget - $38.66 1 way (we got a compact as only the 2 of us). Drive over bridge by port (drool as you pass by your ship), fill up rental with gas, 2 traffic lights later return rental (both gas station and rental are on the right hand side of highway A1A as you go into Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach), free Budget shuttle back to ship terminal (we tipped the driver). When you get back, all the rental agenies shuttles will be parked along the fence on the far side of the parking lot. If yours isn't there, they'll be back shortly.

Is the return location listed as Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach? I'm trying to check some rates and not sure what to put in for the return.

Thanks for all the responses!

I am on the Sovereign of the Seas this Monday. Flying in the night before and staying by orlando airport. By myself, so I am using Tropicana Shuttle at $35.00 round trip.

Remember, the rental company will put a $250 hold on your credit card and even though you are returning it Monday, it will take a few days to show back up on your credit card. Same thing if you rent when you return from cruise.

However, you can go to hotwire.com and get a car pretty cheap. You have to pay at time of booking and it cannot be changed or cancelled. However, the rental company will then only hold $100 on your credit card.

Hope this helps.

we used thrifty last fall and are using them this fall- price was in the 25-35 range for a compact i think- last fall got the mini van for about 40 including fees and shared it with another couple- worked out great- they take you to the ship and pick you up from the ship- the hotel had a shuttle running also- was tons of people trying to go on their shuttle- radisson- if staying at radisson and using their shuttle, call ahead - a month or so out- to get your name on the shuttle res list- have a great time

Wow...great rates. We have to do a full size car since it is 2 adults and 2 kids. We need the trunk space. But we got good rates too for oct with avis for 35.54 from orlando to the port area, and then to return to the airport after the cruise was a bit more at 51.28. Still not bad at all. used AARP discounts. ( My hubby is eligible..not me!)

Archived