Transportation in Seattle

a1moty

Can anyone recommend a limo or towncar service to get us from the Airport to the Summerfield Suites in Seattle?

I have already googled them and have names, I was hoping for some personal recommendations.

Thanks in advance for your advice. :cool:

Our party (two couples) were very pleased with the service of Shuttle Express. We used their service from the airport to our B&B and after our cruise we were taken from Hampton Inn (by the space needle) to the airport. Both drivers were courteous and punctual. We booked this before our trip to Seattle from Texas. We used taxis to and from pier 30 from our B&B/hotel.

Thank you both for the info--

Cruisetexas: you mentioned that you also arranged for them for the return trip from the pier to Seatac--what time did you tell them to pick you up?

I know disembarking times can vary for a variety of reasons.

I put a note in my online reservation telling them which ship we will be on and gave them Celebrity's 800 number so they can check up on it. I arranged for Shuttle Express to be there 30 minutes after we dock because we have to make a mad dash to the airport. They are used to picking up cruise passengers so you don't need to worry about it too much. Have fun!

Ali

We did the self assist, pulling our own bags, and requested that Bayview be there at 9:30. We left the ship at 8:15 and were waiting outside by 9:00 so we ended up waiting for them, but they arrived by 9:20. No problem. We were on the Star, and a number of our group took advantage of the ship's service ($15/passenger) of taking their bags from the hall the night before and checking them straight to their airlines. We were on Continental so unable to use this service, but I believe Delta, American and United all participate. There were eight of us in our group using the van, and it could have been tight if we'd all had luggage.

• 3 weeks later...

We ended up using Shuttle Express. We made reservations and prepaid both the fare and the tip. When we got off the ship we discovered that our reservation and prepayment didn't matter a bit. We had to wait with the other 75-120 passengers who walked off the ship about the same time as we did. If anything it took our driver a bit longer to do the paper work involved with our credit card payment than if we had just paid cash.

I know that when we "checked in" the gal specifically asked if we has reservations and marked us off of a short computer generated page not from one of the many hand written sheets she was continually adding to.

Oh well, you live and you learn. The driver was pleasant and got us safely to the airport.

Archived