Cabana Rental

eiger

We are interested in renting a cabana on Half Moon Cay,but we cannot find it on the Fantasy excursion page. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks to all cc members for all your help. Because of your suggestions we will be leaving on our third cruise in less than a year.

I think your best source of information will be found on the Ports of Call boards for this. I use them constantly and love them! Just go back to the main Message Board page and choose the Ports of Call instead of Carnival and good luck! :)

You can only rent them when you get on the ship at the excursion desk. I rented on last week for my cruise. It cost $219 and 4 people can stay in the cabana. You have to pay extra if there are more than 4 people. The price includes snorkel gear, floats, 2 lounge chairs, sodas, fruit and veggie platter, chips and salsa. It was well worth the money. I would definitely rent one for my next cruise. I have pics if you are interested in seeing them as well. Just let me know.

You can only rent them when you get on the ship at the excursion desk. I rented on last week for my cruise. It cost $219 and 4 people can stay in the cabana. You have to pay extra if there are more than 4 people. The price includes snorkel gear, floats, 2 lounge chairs, sodas, fruit and veggie platter, chips and salsa. It was well worth the money. I would definitely rent one for my next cruise. I have pics if you are interested in seeing them as well. Just let me know.

Could you send me pics of it? I'm sailing on the Fantasy Oct 9th and would like to see if I would like something like that. We are going to do the glass bottom boat tour-I've done it before but thought my mom might like it too-do you think that I could still get a benefit out of the cabana rental??? Or do you have to use it ALL day? My email is jandkfarms@yahoo.com Thanks

karamelqt11 I thinking we may have been on ship the same week! We got home Thursday 08/24. We too did the cabana rental and would do it again in a heartbeat! There are only 10-12 of them available. There were a couple not rented. I was afraid we wouldn't get one with so few. Not sure if folks didn't know about them or if they just choose doing the beach and saving $$ for town. We have been booked for January 07 for several months and this cruise was a "we couldn't wait that long" cruise. Now we are thinking we gotta do this one again for Grand Turk

(Gov. Beach, $2 taxi pp each way and no cost for lounge chairs. We walked right up) and Half Moon Cay! They wouldn't let us reserve it til after 3pm the day before Half Moon port day. No-one could be dissappointed in the cabana rental!!

Kat

I got back from my cruise on the 20th. The cabana was worth every penny. I think most people dont know about the cabana. Only 3 were rented the day I went to HMC. It definitely exceeded my expectation. I also went to Grand Turk, we snorkeled and kayaked. I would recommend doing that there. I just got back and we are already planning our next cruise.

As usual the cc members come through again. Thank you very much, the first thing I will do is hit the excursion desk on October 14th.

:)

Hi eiger.

i too am on the same cruise as you. There is a roll call on the roll call boards also for this cruise.

how many are in your group?

karon

We will be on the Fantasy on Oct. 9th. We are thinking about renting a cabana. Could you send your pics to nlyoung62@hotmail.com.

Thanks

Search the HAL board for photos and information on the Half Moon Cay cabanas. Just do a search for "cabanas" and 4 pages of threads are available. These include maps and photos.

I rented the Pink Cabana last November and loved it. It's worth it for 4 people but expensive for two. It helped me limit my sun exposure. It was a wonderful day. Enjoy your cruise.

There are quite a few on the HAL boards that have posted pictures and maps. Just remember that as Carnival cruisers we do not get the butler option that the HAL cruisers have. I didn't realize this till I read the port of call boards for Private Islands.

Michelle

Hi Karen, it will be two of us. Maybe we can all get in line together we can rent them all and sublease.:)

i would be more than happy to "sublease" with you:D

It will just be myself and daughter 13

I will be going straight frm disneyworld not flying in so can be there early

email me if you like

kaseyoz@hotmail.com

Chuck, thanks for taking time to post your picture. I can't wait to get to HMC and relax! Did you have any problems with people trying to hang out in your cabana while you were in the water?

Not really - there is a sign posted on the railing saying "Private Cabana." We also had 6 people so there was usually someone in it or on the deck:)

I'll be cruising with you on the Fantasy on Oct 9th!!!!

Good to hear someone else will be on that cruise. I haven't seen too many posters on that one. My husband and I will be traveling with my parents. This will be our second cruise and my parents first. We were thinking about renting a cabana so my dad can be in the shade (he's not too fond of a day in the sun).

Can't wait to cruise-6 weeks away!

Does this include children? Mine are 3 and 1yrs old.

We were in HMC last week and did the cabana thing too.

There were 6 on us, 4 adult and 2 children, 1 and 3 years old like yours.

We were told they did not charge for the extra person for children.

Chuck, thanks for taking time to post your picture. I can't wait to get to HMC and relax! Did you have any problems with people trying to hang out in your cabana while you were in the water?

Although the sign was posted on the cabana, people did try to take our snorkle gears and mats while we were in the water. A few people also tried to use our shower, while we were in the cabana.

However, after we explained to them that it was a private cabana, most apologized.

Archived