Conquest questions

jolly3

Can someone tell me:

1. Where is laundry room on empress deck?

2. Are there refridgerators in balcony rooms?

3. What is the least expensive transport from

Hobby airport?

4. Is it better to book an excursion in Jamaica and

Grand Cayman or get a taxi to take us to places

we'd like to go?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

1. I was on Riviera, room1367 - I imagine you go up the few floors and it is in the same general area.

2. Yes, all rooms have refrigerators. I hear they don't keep things that cool, I left mine locked the entire week cuz I didn't want my kids taking anything out of it.

3. Sorry, I drive from San Antonio.

4. I would say for Jamaica definitely. People that wander around get asked to buy drugs and possibly prostitution (at least from what I have read and talking with people on the ship in May). I took a taxi to Sunset Beach and I was never hassled. Grand Cayman you might want to plan an excursion simply because GC is very expensive. The Sting rays were great by the way.

Good luck, and have fun.

Can someone tell me:

1. Where is laundry room on empress deck?

2. Are there refridgerators in balcony rooms?

3. What is the least expensive transport from

Hobby airport?

4. Is it better to book an excursion in Jamaica and

Grand Cayman or get a taxi to take us to places

we'd like to go?

We've stayed on the Empress Deck a few times - we really like it. The laundry room is on the starboard side of the ship (right side), just aft of the center elevators. If you have a floor plan, it is next to cabin 7345.

We've used the refrigerators before, and they kept things pretty cool. We had the room steward take out all the items, or if they won't do that, we remove them and put them in one of the night stands out of the way. Then we put them all back on the last night.

Ask the Houston question on the CC message boards page under Home ports (Gulf Coast departures). We always drive to Galveston, so I can't answer this question. But someone on that board will know.

I strongly recommend private tour guides for both Jamaica and Grand Cayman - you will get a better tour of the islands and it will cost less. Check out the ports of call pages for more information on excursions that you can arrange on your own.

Hope this helps - you didn't say when you are going. We've been on the Conquest four times and are going again in December.

Sherryl

Archived