Anyone from Explorer 9-day taken Sunny's excursion?

CruisingYiayia

We'll be arriving in St. Thomas at 1:00P.M. and are thinking about booking Sonny's excursion. I e-mailed him, and he said pick-up at the ship would be 2:00P.M and drop-off at 6:00P.M and the excursion would include sightseeing and beach time. I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at the beach and what time we would be dropped off at the beach. I'm thinking we might be better off getting off the ship ASAP and taking a taxi to the beach...spending a couple of hours...then head back to the ship and go up to Paradise Point. And, if time permits, do a little bit of shopping at the Havensight shops. Any ideas??? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a similar question although our tour would start at noon. Has anyone done one tour vs the other??? I'd really like a tour that covers all of the highlights of St Thomas for a full 2 hours. It would be fun with someone who knows a lot about the history & can make it interesting or at least fun. Thanks!!! PLEASE advise.

We'll be arriving in St. Thomas at 1:00P.M. and are thinking about booking Sonny's excursion. I e-mailed him, and he said pick-up at the ship would be 2:00P.M and drop-off at 6:00P.M and the excursion would include sightseeing and beach time. I'm wondering how much time we will actually have at the beach and what time we would be dropped off at the beach. I'm thinking we might be better off getting off the ship ASAP and taking a taxi to the beach...spending a couple of hours...then head back to the ship and go up to Paradise Point. And, if time permits, do a little bit of shopping at the Havensight shops. Any ideas??? Thanks.

Just got back from the Explorer last week and toured with Sonny. I would see if he could meet you at 1:30. We were off the ship at 1:30 and waited until 2:00 to start the tour. We stopped at a few spots for pics including the mountain top. We then went shopping for 1 hour downtown. You do not need more than that. He then took us to Coki Beach(our choice). Coki Beach was filthy and dirty at the end of the day. The restrooms were even more nasty. My kids loved the water and snorkeling though. I would pick another beach though. He picked us up at 6:15 from the beach we were there 1 1/2 hours and took as back to the ship by 6:45.

My kids had a blast singing in his Jeep. It was definitely worth the money and we had no stress. We definitely saw alot for the amount of time we had.

Archived