Worst food item you tasted on a cruise??

Heidict

I think they used Friskies cat food as the filler. They were so bad I spit it out in my cloth napkin. I honestly thought I was going to get sick 2 seconds after putting this concoction in my mouth. I had some fish on Royal Caribbean that smelled like bait, too. Sent it back and got spagetti, which was really good. Those are the two worst meals. Most of my cruise meals have been really good.

I think they used Friskies cat food as the filler. They were so bad I spit it out in my cloth napkin. I honestly thought I was going to get sick 2 seconds after putting this concoction in my mouth. I had some fish on Royal Caribbean that smelled like bait, too. Sent it back and got spagetti, which was really good. Those are the two worst meals. Most of my cruise meals have been really good.

I guess we now know "what's got into that cat." :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Afew years ago, Princess served a stewed beef dish on Italian night, kind of like Swiss steak. The waiter practically begged me to order something else, but I really wanted beef that night. It was tough, loaded with gristle and not very tasty. Clearing away my plate, with most of the meat still on it, the waiter asked, "How did you enjoy your meal, sir?" in a voice that shouted, "I told you so!!"

The same dish was still on the menu a year later, and I avoided it like the plague. I heard several diners around us complaining about it.

It was some sort of "herbal" ice cream, accompanying a dessert on Carnival Valor. It was like eating chilled hand lotion. REALLY bad. That's the only thing we didn't like, though. We weren't sure if our palette's weren't "refined" enough, or it was just nasty.
Ew! I think they had that when we sailed on the Inspiration too! I had forgotten about it, but I do recall trying something like that. Needless to say most of it stayed on my plate. It's been too long to recall what it was served with though. Anyone else experience this particular taste sensation?

If this was the Basil Ice cream with Fig cake, We thought it was very good. Our 16 yo daughter raves about it. Of course if we all had the same taste buds it would be a very dull menu.

For me the worst item we ate was the Cateaubriand. I was really looking forward to this and it was tough and tastless.

If this was the Basil Ice cream with Fig cake, We thought it was very good. Our 16 yo daughter raves about it. Of course if we all had the same taste buds it would be a very dull menu.

I don't think any of us much care for fig. For some odd reason I'm thinking it was served with something lemon. :confused:

I agree...I enjoy atleast having the option of trying new things, and enjoy the varied menu.

On Carnival's Conquest I tried an Indian influenced dish. I cannot remember what exactly it was but - Blech, truly awful. But for those that enjoy that type of food may have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I now know not to order anything of that variety. :)

On Carnival's Conquest I tried an Indian influenced dish. I cannot remember what exactly it was but - Blech, truly awful. But for those that enjoy that type of food may have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I now know not to order anything of that variety. :)

No contest - the sliced corned beef on the AM buffet on the Carib. Princess, 2 weeks ago. I think it was slices of that disgusting stuff that comes in a can.

I contrast that with the carved round of corned beef that I've had on the Grandeur - lean, only lightly cured, delicious!

No contest - the sliced corned beef on the AM buffet on the Carib. Princess, 2 weeks ago. I think it was slices of that disgusting stuff that comes in a can.

I contrast that with the carved round of corned beef that I've had on the Grandeur - lean, only lightly cured, delicious!

We just got back from a cruise on the Rhaposdy. We would have to compete for the worst corned beef. It was not chewable. The same day they had pork slices in a coating. my wife tried to eat that and it was the same way. Could hardly cut either one with a knife.

My second time on RCL and neither buffet was any good. I noted that on my survey. They really have to do something on RCL to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I agree, the Carnival Liberty (March 2006) had the WORST food by FAR of any cruise (22 so far) we have ever taken. And it's the only cruise I ever LOST weight on! (3 lbs. - FOR REAL- and I don't set food into the workout room on vacation so it wasn't from that !) I will admit, RCCL's has gone down quite a bit from when we first cruised that line. Celebrity has our vote for the best food of the mainstream lines. Having said that, every ship/cruise has a couple of dishes that I don't like and some that I really do.

The lunch buffet on the Maasdam was the worst food we ever had on any ship. Everyday, the sliced meat was too tough to chew. The fruit was either unripe and tasted like raw potato's or overripe with that "ready for the garbage" rotten taste.

But the worst dish of all was a "salad" which consisted of sauerkraut drenched in russian dressing. That won the prize for truly disgusting dish!

• 3 weeks later...

Worst? The grilled portobello mushrooms on the Elation - tasted like they were grilled over old telephone poles... aaaaaagh!:eek:

although not bad tasting, the beef wellington was so bland I ended up putting ketchup and hot sauce on it...:confused:

a lot of other stuff was good, especially the rasberry-chocolate pie I scored the first day of the cruise - and never found another piece of it the rest of the trip.:rolleyes:

Len

Jerk pork! Our waiter was from Jamaica and suggested I get it. I had a really hard time eating it but didn't want him to feel bad by saying I didn't like it - he went on and on about how good it was and it was something he always had at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would have to be the pineapple creme brulee on Grand Princess almost a year ago. I love creme brulee and thought this sounded good, but I've come to the conclusion that there should never be mushy chunks in my creme brulee! Now I had the raspberry creme brulee on Carnival and it was delish!

was on Carnival Victory it was called baked herb poenta. It was not what I have had at the Dinner theater it was cheesy. The carnival baked herb poenta was flavorless jell-o with beef broth. I thought I was going to get sick. I am not a picky eatter. But that is one of the worst things I have ever eatten.

On the other hand one of the best things that I ate on the cruise was Lobster bisques for starter

dessert was chocolate decadence well wait a minute I think I had a wonderful dessert every night but maybe one night after looking at my book (took photos of the food everynight)

main course was assorted seafood newburg style.

I am going on Costa Magica (western caribbean) soon is there any food I should not miss or should avoid.