? re embarkation facilities for Rome

ClaireP

Just back from a Princess cruise which visited Citivecchia and the terminals for embarkation looked pretty small and basic.

I am due to cruise next year on Galaxy round-trip from Rome and wondered if anyone had any guidance on the facilities and what time you can get on etc

Any thoughts/widom gladly received....

I don't remember any terminals, per se, from June. We were on a coach from Rome, got to Civ at about 3:30, got off the coach and walked into a tent-like stucture, waited a few minutes, did the pre-embarkation registration thing, and then we were on Galaxy about 5 minutes after that. I don't recall seeing any facilities, but I could have been wrong.

What date is your cruise, Claire? - we're back on Galaxy next summer.

We were on Galaxy (for E Med) in July. We got there c1pm, luggage was whisked away, went into the tent to check in and were on the ship in a matter of minutes. Room was ready. Very efficient. No real "terminal" there 'though.

I also a feeling that we arrived back at a different dock from the one we departed from (possibly just the other side of the same waterway, actually). Can other Galaxy cruisers comment on their experience? And if this is a common perception, does this suggest that they move the ship after completing disembarkation?

I can see the advantages of doing this - at least the disembarkation confusion stays separate from the embarkation confusion...

Thanks for the update - sounds like it is really quite well organised then - which is good news - especially as there doesn't seem to be much there.

In response to your question (Tom UK) we are on the 14th september 2007 and looking forward to it already!

Archived