Mexican Rivera Shore excursions

dpspa

First cruise in 10 years. Going on NCL star in November. Have read some great stuff but still need help on what are the best shore excursion for each port. Printed NCL but no description of them. On one Port day we will go to the best beach. Other port (because of time) up for anything.(sightseeing, atv.horseback) Want to make best of it.

NCL do actually give good descriptions of the tours. If you into ncl.com then click shore excursions...mexican riviera....the click the cipboard thing under "tour description" it opens up a document with all the details. I have spent hours on there and these threads and think I am doing well for our October cruise.

Treven, you dog looks alot like our dog Scruffy.

I would look on this board and find some independent excrusion providers. The ships are always more expensive without that personal touch that the smaller guys can offer. That is what we always do and have yet to be disappointed and better yet, way less expensive.

Dorothy

Trevin,

Have you looked into the Los Veranos Canopy Tour? There are lots of posts on here. My girlfriend and I just booked our excursion through them. $71 pp as compared to $120 off the ship!

It is a ZIPLINE adventure and looks totally awesome!

WE CAN'T WAIT! Look around on this thread and you will find the link! VERY COOL! Even if you or a few of the people in your party dont want to do the zip lines there is a restraunt, swimming hole and lots of other things to do while the others zip. Cost is only $20 to do that!

GOOD LUCK!

Assuming one of the ports is Puerto Vallarta, I had a really good time doing the horseback ride with Rancho Capomo; I've done it twice. Here are some pix I took on the excursion:

http://treven.smugmug.com/gallery/1805882

I loved your pics. that waterfall was in PV? where at ???

thanks

melissa

Trevin,

Have you looked into the Los Veranos Canopy Tour? There are lots of posts on here. My girlfriend and I just booked our excursion through them. $71 pp as compared to $120 off the ship!

It is a ZIPLINE adventure and looks totally awesome!

WE CAN'T WAIT! Look around on this thread and you will find the link! VERY COOL! Even if you or a few of the people in your party dont want to do the zip lines there is a restraunt, swimming hole and lots of other things to do while the others zip. Cost is only $20 to do that!

GOOD LUCK!

Do you have the phone number or email address for Los Veranos Canopy Tour. My son and I are thingking about taking it. When, where and how do you meet up with the folks from Los Veranos? How long is the tour? Thanks for any help you can offer . . . .

His name is Logan; he's a Wheaten-colored Aberdeen Terr(or)ier just over 1 year old.

Right now he's sitting on my lap proofing my message as I type.

I had to laugh!

I have three terrors..oops.. I mean terriers. One of them sits on my lap while I am on the computer. It makes it very difficult to type. But I manage, I wouldn't have it any other way.

We are leaving for the Riviera on Oosterdam next month. I still haven't decided on any excursions yet. I think we may do the Sierra Madre tour from the cruiseline. Has anyone done the Sierra Madre tour? It goes to a brick manufactore and a furniture store too.

I loved your pics. that waterfall was in PV? where at ???

thanks

melissa

I couldn't tell you just where it was. Rancho Capomo is about an hour's bus ride North-East of PTO. The pool and waterfall is the destination of the horseback ride. The guides end the ride about 100 yards from the waterfall and the remaining distance is done over swinging bridges and foot paths & stairs. We were at the pool for about 90 minutes.

After we got back to where the horses were tethered, the guides told us that they'd meet us back at the ranch, and took off. Being the first one back on my horse I decided to lead the ride back. I simply gave the horse a loose rein and he ambled back to the ranch on his own. I'm sure the horses knew quite well how to get back to the barn - they'd undoubtedly done it enough times. The guides were actually waiting for us about 15 minutes away from the ranch.

Archived