know more than your ta?

bluelghttr

Hi all

well i just got done fighting my ta NOT TO UPGRADE ME

we booked a catagory 1a on the Carnival Liberty, main deck cabin 2465,

you know the sweet 1a with the dual windows, huge shower.

and the ta we booked with actually had no clue why i wanted this specific

cabin, she told us we could get an upgrade to a catagory 4c i told her that unless she wanted to upgrade me to at least a catagory 8a balcony do not, do not, upgrade me.

i told her a catagory 4c was only a paper upgrade, and why would i want to go from a 2 window cabin to an interior? she gave me the standard, 1a's don't have windows either. BUZZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER, so i had to email her the pictures from this board of cabin 2465, told her it was for her refrence, and so she could better help her customers. guess they don't surf these boards

its pretty bad when you know more than a TA

so a big thanks to you guys for the "secret" cabins

Mitch

Hi all

well i just got done fighting my ta NOT TO UPGRADE ME

we booked a catagory 1a on the Carnival Liberty, main deck cabin 2465,

you know the sweet 1a with the dual windows, huge shower.

and the ta we booked with actually had no clue why i wanted this specific

cabin, she told us we could get an upgrade to a catagory 4c i told her that unless she wanted to upgrade me to at least a catagory 8a balcony do not, do not, upgrade me.

i told her a catagory 4c was only a paper upgrade, and why would i want to go from a 2 window cabin to an interior? she gave me the standard, 1a's don't have windows either. BUZZZZZZZZ WRONG ANSWER, so i had to email her the pictures from this board of cabin 2465, told her it was for her refrence, and so she could better help her customers. guess they don't surf these boards

its pretty bad when you know more than a TA

so a big thanks to you guys for the "secret" cabins

Mitch

Mitch, why even do business with this person?

Email her my Link so she can see 2465 on the Valor, same type of ship: http://members.cox.net/wennfred1/Cabin2465

Fred

actually fred

If for any reason this cabin gets changed the ta is so gone

(like the wind)

truth be known i havn't had a whole lot of luck with ta's in general

without naming names

Agent #1

i had gone to a Brick and morter for several of my cruises

but everything seemed to be a hassle for her, she wouldn't fight for on board credits if price dropped, or cabin upgrades, or even price match

so i dropped her

aGENT # 2

went with a different online ta for several more and really can't say i have had a problem with them they got me a pretty good upgrade last cruise on the carnival legend, but they wanted full payment at time of booking this time. that's what swayed me to AGENT # 3

and i definately will book with these guys in the future.

Agent # 3

i had also booked my 03 Carnival legend to bermuda with this current online ta

they got me a price nobody else could come close to, something like $550 - 575, for a six day catagory 5a from philly , had no problems with them at that time. they also took half deposit, with final payment end of november for this curent cruise, maybe i just got a new customer service rep, maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she just wasn't informed who knows?

oh BTW i think it was your pictures i found on this board that i emailed the ta

Mitch and Fred...You would be surprised at how many people do not know about those 2 cabins, 2465 and 2462. I will be leaving in 2 weeks(Yeah!!) :D

I have called Carnival many times to make sure they have not taken me out of that cabin. Since I am solo, I am afraid that they would try to use that cabin for someone with 2 people, and "upgrade" me to an inside catagory 4 . Each time I called, I would tell the CCL rep about this secret cabin, and they NEVER KNEW! :eek: I was always amazed that they did not know about it. So, our secret is safe! :) Even a catagory 6 is not an upgrade, because you only have 1 window. Location is not an issue with me, because I don't mind getting exercise walking from one end to the other.

Fred..I am finally going to be in your cabin. I bookmarked your link, and look at your pictures every day, just visualizing myself in the cabin. This is a much needed vacation.

Mitch..Congrats on that cabin. I will also take pictures, but Fred has the best shots I have ever seen, because the angles are perfect for showing the complete layout, even how the closets are configured. :)

Great cabin :) I've been on a lot of Carnival cruises and did not know about this!! Thanks so much for posting, now my busy little mind is thinking :D Question- on Carnival's website these rooms are shown in a biege color, not sure what category they are classified as, are they handicapped rooms? Just wondering as it looks like a big cabin.

You know everybody learns something new everyday! I am a TA and I do read these boards and know most of the ships rather well but you would be surprised how much of my information I get from all of you people. I would like to think that no matter what you do for a living you can always learn from personal experience so that is why I continue to read what everyone writes. I only know of the secret cabins because of all of you...it is not something they put in their brochures or advertise to us...so had I been that TA I would have had to thank you for teaching me something new but I wouldn't expect you to think I am not good at what I do because I don't know about 2 cabins I would like to think you would think that is great I could help her advance her knowledge.

Just a thought!!!:)

What ships are these rooms on????

These are known as the L Shaped Cat. 1a cabins, extra roomy and with 2 large windows. Beats a Cat.4a inside anyday of the week.

Located on Conquest class ships as Cabins 2465 and the other side 2462

On the Destiny 2334 and 2335. Triumph 2444 and 2445. Make sure you check the Deck plan of these types of ships, its on the Main Deck. All staterooms are configured differently, some have upper and lower beds while others have 2 fulls or 1 Queen.

Fred

Well said cruiseescape. I have been an agent for over 12 years, and there is always something new to learn, especially with the amount of new ships that are being introduced every year. I would hope that the poster does feel as though he / she did help the TA. These cabins are not available on every ship, so it does help to read these posts for specific cabin information...but to say you know more than a TA is a bit of a stretch. I would love for this poster to sit at my desk, and answer all my calls for just one day. I would guess that he/she would not know a quarter of the information that is asked by clients concerning every cruise ship, every cruiseline, each cruiselines policies and procedures, insurance, cancellation etc.

These are known as the L Shaped Cat. 1a cabins, extra roomy and with 2 large windows. Beats a Cat.4a inside anyday of the week.

On the Destiny 2334 and 2335. Triumph 2444 and 2445. Make sure you check the Deck plan of these types of ships, its on the Main Deck. All staterooms are configured differently, some have upper and lower beds while others have 2 fulls or 1 Queen.

Fred

Thanks so much for providing that info. We will probably looking at the Triumph for our next cruise so I will definately keep that in mind. :D

Thanks so much for providing that info. We will probably looking at the Triumph for our next cruise so I will definately keep that in mind. :D

if having twin beds is important-- make sure you know the configuration of the cabin. Not all ships have the two beds on the floor.

Being under the dining room, has anyone experience noise late night??:confused:

I am thinking Glory for next year and booking these 2 "secret" cabins is more economical than 4 people on an OV on the main deck.:)

it's annoying, and yet funny after the fact. :rolleyes: After finding out our OV GTY room was assigned and we were under the GALLEY, I called my TA to see about paying to select from what rooms were available. After calling Carnival, she called me back and seriously was convinced by someone at Carnival that the "galley" was a HALLWAY. NO LIE. THANK GOD I found CC.

This time I have a great PVP and really enjoy the conveinence of calling direct to Carnival with my questions and getting answers, versus my dingy TA who had to make a days' worth of phone calls, and STILL didn't have the answer 50% of the time.

Fred

What would I search for (for availability) on the Carnival site (for our Triumph cruise)? I looked under 1a and typed in the cabin number/s and it says that the cabin isn't "found" (not even that it's occupied or anything).

What would I search for (for availability) on the Carnival site (for our Triumph cruise)? I looked under 1a and typed in the cabin number/s and it says that the cabin isn't "found" (not even that it's occupied or anything).

I guess you would have to call Carnival to see if 2444 or 2445 are still available, these probably sell out fast.

Your TA should be Thanking you for sharing valuable info! If you do your research well you will be happier with ANYTHING you use your hard earned money to purchace...Appliances, Cars, Houses... AND with the help of WONDERFUL CC MEMBERS :) Cruise Cabins!

Have fun Cruzin'

Jacquelyn :D

It would be impossible for any TA or PVP to know the answers to all questions about each ship unless they've cruised on each ship. Even then, it would be difficult to know everything about every ship. That's what boards like this are for. Our TA whom I trust completely has said that I know more about Carnival cruises than she does because I visit this board daily and read as much about each person's cruise experiences as I can. That and the fact that we've cruised with Carnival four times and she's only cruised with them once.

We were lucky enough to get one of these cabins for our upcoming Triumph cruise. :D According to someone on these boards that has had our particular cabin before, it has a twin and a pull out couch.

I was looking at availability one day to see what cabin I might want to book. About a week later I looked again and both 2444 and 2445 were available. I called Carnival and booked that day. I checked later that afternoon and the other cabin was not available anymore. We booked 11 months out.

If you want one of these cabins, check early and check often. When one is available JUMP ON IT.

Good luck!

Archived