NCL and luggage

Giantfan13

I do not know if this was mentioned before, but on the POH (and I'm not sure if it is on any other ship), if you are flying out the same day that you disembark, you can have NCL pick up your bags the night before and have THEM tag it and sent it right to your airline. It costs $19.95 a person and it is only for the two allowed bags per person that the airline allows. I hope I explained it well. It was the first time we had ever seen anything like this. You MUST let them know a day in advance to do this. You fill out a form with all the info from the airlines and you do not see your bags again until you arrive home. (Hopefully). They also said, and they said this privately, that these bags that NCL takes, are NOT weighed and you can basically make them as heavy as you want. Again, this was said by the cruise director off the cuff, but it was exactly what he meant. We were going to do it, but didn't decide until the Sunday afternoon (cruise ends on Monday) and it was already too late. it is a great option so you do not have to schlep your bags around all day. Again, it is only available to people who have flights out that same day as disembarkation (Monday).

I believe this is a fairly new service called Easy Fly Departure Service. (I did see a brief mention in the latest Budget Travel Mag)

Thank you giantfan, (BTW...my apologies for last nights game), for providing more details on this porgram. I didn't know the exact cost or bag limit pp. Maybe hubby and I can try real hard to only take 2 bags between us. Then we would have an extra $19.95 towards a nice refreshing tropical drink...

We will be sailing on POAM in Nov. and all plan on using this service so we can tour Hono on our final day without dragging our luggage around. I don't think the price is bad either!

This is probably a really dumb question, but if one were to book an NCL-sponsored excursion for the day of disembarkment, can you take your luggage along?

As I'm writing this, I realize how infeasible this would be. Never mind.

Not dumb at all! Yes, your luggage goes under the bus on NCL sponsored excursions on the day of disembarkment! (saves you the $$'s from using the easy fly program).

Not dumb at all! Yes, your luggage goes under the bus on NCL sponsored excursions on the day of disembarkment! (saves you the $$'s from using the easy fly program).

The Easy Fly program does offer another advantage though, you do not have to sort thru the baggage areas or wait to put your luggage on the bus, and get it off, and get it checked at the airport.

Although we didn't take the NCL bus excursion, we saw a lines waiting at both the pier to board the bus and at the airport baggage check in.

We used Easy Fly , and it worked flawlessly for us. We put our luggage out in the hallway Sunday evening, and viola, when we arrived in Jax Tues. morning, our bags were there!

I was skeptical about the program at first, but checked it out on the web before we left home. It is run by a 3rd party, Bags, Inc, I think. I found nothing negative out there about it.

AA,United, and Continental, and maybe one other airline are the only carriers that will qualify for it though.

Also, in case there is still any question about luggage storage on the last day, it is available for $5 a bag at the pier. Fill out the forms get your claim check and you're off. They are open until 6 or 6:30. ( you might even find it useful for the first day if you get there real early)

JW:cool:

Archived