Taxi For Day

jolly3

I made a suggestion on your taxi cost thread. I don't know if you read my reply so I am responding again. The drivers metioned on this board are all quite flexible and more than willing to do what you want to do. They don't plan the excursion, you do. they will do want you want. If you need suggestions, they will be glad to help. After all, they live there and know the places best. People haven't mentioned cost because you need to contact the drivers directly for that info. Cost is based on what you chose to do and how many people you have in your party. Only the drivers can help you with that.

The drivers you see mentioned on this board are all JUTA taxi drivers. They have been recommended because they are safe, reliable, affordable, and good guides. Their price depends on what you would like to do for the day.

Sometimes their fee includes admission fees (to Dunn's River Falls or the White River tubing adventure) but sometimes the fees are solely for their sevices and you pay the entrance fees if you go somewhere that has fees.

When we were in Ocho Rios in July, we used Marva Shaw from http://www.knowjamaica.com. We contacted her through her website. She arranged a wonderful day for us. She was very affordable.

Hope this helps! Have a great trip.

Glad to help! In Jamaica, the taxi drivers quite often turn into tour guides because you are with them on and off all day if you chose to retain them for the day. Many of the enterprising drivers have websites so that people can book with them in advance. This helps both the traveler and the driver. The driver doesn't have depend on the hit or miss of being in queue at the pier and hoping that they get a good fare. And the traveler knows in advance that his day is planned with a reliable driver.

• 4 weeks later...

Please give Soloman and Sienna Kerr from Talk Of The Town Tours a try...they are a husband and wife team who we love! He is Jamaican, she is American and you'll get a well rounded two sided view of the country!

They will take all the time you want or need to correspond by email to help you with your plans. Let them know what you'd like to see or do or what you enjoy and they'll give you ideas, they are so patient they never mind however many mails it will take to get the trip planning just right. Let them know how many people are in your party, especially if there are children, and the time you expect to disembark and when you have to return. Their website is http://www.talkofthetownnegril.com you can learn more about them there in their intro and testimonials from real people.

I can only speak for Ocho Rios, but I know a VERY reliable and interesting guide that lives in Ochi. You can email him at www.Wilsontours@yahoo.com. Yuo can even see a pic of him and his vechicle at http://www.myvillajamaica.com/TOURS.html

He can suggest tours/excursions or will accommodate anything you have already planned in your head. You won't be disappointed.

Cindy -

Marva Shaw at knowjamaica.com has very reliable drivers in MoBay. She does the Ocho Rios tours herself. Drop her a line at her website and she will get right back to you.

Have a great trip!

We acually just returned from our cruise last week. Had a wonderful time. We hired Romeo Wilson to drive us while in Montego Bay. He was dependable, polite, and accomadating. We had a little trouble finding him when we got off the ship because we didn't know our way around so we called him on our cell phone and he was just around the corner from us. Good that we called him though as another driver heard us ask about him and told us that Romeo had sent him to pick us up. You need to call him personally to make arrangements. His number: 1-876-392-4588

Archived