If you are a chocolate lover and going on the Crown

Hello-Kitty

Be prepared!!!! All my princess cruises i get the Princess Loveboat Dream for dessert in the dining room and this one was the best!!!!!

I have been on some ships where it was good some okay well this was amazing even the texture was different, it melted in my mouth.

Crown Grill 1st dessert on the menu, OMG i never tasted something so good in my life it was called Chocolate Obssesion or Death by Chocolate i really cant remember but it was the only chocolate dessert in there.

It came in like a souffle cup piping hot it was almost like an uncooked brownie w/ a side cup of icecream (they have chocolate icecream on the menu but the waiter said to go w/ vanilla) so i did and dipped it into the icecream then into the chocolate bliss!!:D so so good that was worth the 25.00 fee.

The chocolate chip cookies and the chocolate crossiants (always available) we best on this ship

International cafe it was totally worth 3.00 for the Truffles!!!! I loved the Chocolate Mousse Tuffle

International Cafe in the morning the chocolate frosted dounuts were yummy!!!!

And of course my all time favorite the Chocolate Banana

ENJOY:D

Ok, done drooling for the moment. For those of you who have cruised with Princess before, are these chocolate treats on other ships as well? I'll be on the Coral next week; does it have anything chocolate that is something you can never pass up?

I think my clothes got tighter just reading that. We are on CB Sept. 30.

Is there that array of goodies on that ship? I hope so. Trying to be good

with my eating now so I can really have a whirl with the chocolate then.

Getting so excited!!!

Ok, done drooling for the moment. For those of you who have cruised with Princess before, are these chocolate treats on other ships as well? I'll be on the Coral next week; does it have anything chocolate that is something you can never pass up?

The desserts that Hello-Kitty mentioned are what I had and saw on the Island except I don't remember the truffles. Maybe DH does. I highly recommend the Chocolate Banana drink. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. DH loved the ice cream bar and went there every day for something cold and chocolatey.

okay here is my recommendatino to get your feet wet.:D

First try the chocolate banana by the pool as your walking around exploring the ship.

Its smooth and yummy and will get u in the mood, but go for the small the large is LARGE and there is too much other stuff to try.

You can get this on any ship, its my favorite. I talk about it all year.

Truffles are an international cafe treat, this is new on the Crown i am unaware if you can get these on any of the other ships, this goes for the donuts w/ chocoalte frosting on top as well.

Princess LoveBoat Dream is amazing only in the dining rooms andavailable on ALL ships its on the menu under always available.

Chocolate Croissant is at the breakfast buffet on ALL ships (sometimes everyother day)

Everyone has different tastes but i have a few that i would never miss.

Fetticunin Alfredo / dining room under always available

Spring rolls / dinig room / appetizers

Chicken w/ sweetbreads and mushrooms in a puff pastry / dining room / appetizer

Ceaser Salad / always available / dining room

Tortellini soup

Beef broth vermacelli soup

omg there are so much more but these are some of my favorites!!

okay here is my recommendatino to get your feet wet.:D

First try the chocolate banana by the pool as your walking around exploring the ship.

Its smooth and yummy and will get u in the mood, but go for the small the large is LARGE and there is too much other stuff to try.

You can get this on any ship, its my favorite. I talk about it all year.

Truffles are an international cafe treat, this is new on the Crown i am unaware if you can get these on any of the other ships, this goes for the donuts w/ chocoalte frosting on top as well.

Princess LoveBoat Dream is amazing only in the dining rooms andavailable on ALL ships its on the menu under always available.

Chocolate Croissant is at the breakfast buffet on ALL ships (sometimes everyother day)

Everyone has different tastes but i have a few that i would never miss.

Fetticunin Alfredo / dining room under always available

Spring rolls / dinig room / appetizers

Chicken w/ sweetbreads and mushrooms in a puff pastry / dining room / appetizer

Ceaser Salad / always available / dining room

Tortellini soup

Beef broth vermacelli soup

omg there are so much more but these are some of my favorites!!

Hello-Kitty, did the chocolate banana you had have any alcohol in it? Mine did and it was wonderful. A large would have put me out for about a day. :D

OMG, Sounds Delish,

Hello-Kitty,

I heard they also have chocolate fondue, is this correct?

i beleive they did have that i think it may have had fruit or something in it that doesnt appeal to me, (and very loyal to my princess love boat dream, lol)

they did have a few fondue foods,i did see a cheese fondue.

Hello-Kitty, did the chocolate banana you had have any alcohol in it? Mine did and it was wonderful. A large would have put me out for about a day. :D
\

Chocolate Banana

7-8 ice cubes

4 oz. heavy whipping cream

1 1/2 oz Hershey chocolate syrup

1 oz Kahalua

1/2 banana

..and into a blender it all goes

i think there is kahula in it but it never gave me a buzz at all, i consider them more of a dessert.

But i will tell you in St Thomas my hubby and i walked around w/ a smile ear to ear from the buzz we got there. We always get the best frozen drinks from there.

Jason had the bushwacker and i had the bbc both chocolatey both delicious and got a nice buzz from just one, we had 3 that day just walking and shopping!!!

Yum Yum and its funny how everyone living on the island new what we were drinking, they are big on the bushwackers.

Delicious!!!!

Right off of main street you will see a Wend'ys it used to be hard rock cafe, not no more anway go in that open mall that connects to the back of mainstreet its a little bar.

So worth it!!

For those who gone on the Crown already:did you see any chocolate sculptures of any kind onboard?It never ceases to amaze me when I see a Effiel tower or similar items made of my favorite eating substance.The richer and darker,the better!

Although,I will admit that since my last cruise three ago,I have come a very limited cake decorator at my job and it makes me feel even more guilty than before to look at a decorative culinary masterpiece and even think about consuming it.The work involved is incredible.(Applause for the hard-working individuals who are able to pull these things off voyage after voyage.)

On a similar note,does anyone else besides me long for the chocolate buffet offered on Royal Carribean ?On our last cruise (Coral Princess,our first Princess cruise),I was geninuely surprised that such a classly and elegant ship setting had no chocolate buffet offered.

Oh well, Royal Carribbean does not offer something that Princess does and with such refinement: Afternoon Tea in one of the dining rooms daily.For those of you who have not utilized this wonderful activity onboard,please do so.You will not regret it.To be treated to white- gloved served tea,sconces,mini-sandwiches...How many hours until my trip???

Kitty?

Did you try to order a Chocolate Suffle' at either the main dining room or the Crown Grill? I know you have to order them when you order your meal because they take so long to make, but they are to die for. I thought maybe they would do so for you in the Crown and you look like they one that may have asked:)

They definitely had a chocolate fondue offered in the International Cafe - but not every day, just sometimes in the afternoon. I really, really wanted to have one my last day but got seasick instead and didn't eat *anything*. LOL just another reason to go again, I guess! I am here at home and missing my chocolate croissant this morning!

Kelly

Kitty?

Did you try to order a Chocolate Suffle' at either the main dining room or the Crown Grill? I know you have to order them when you order your meal because they take so long to make, but they are to die for. I thought maybe they would do so for you in the Crown and you look like they one that may have asked:)

i did not see the choclate souffle on the crown but then again i could have missed it.

But again very loyal to the princess love boat dream it ws heavenly on this sailing the chef who makes these is the best so far, amazing that is all i can say.

But if you go to the Crown Grill on the Crown you must i mean must try the choclate dessert on top of the menu, i will bet its the best ever!!!!

I tried to weasel another one at the dining room but my waitor couldnt get his hands on one, so the last day he gave me three princess loveboat dreams:eek:

I AM CLAPPING MY HANDS!!!!!

Archived