Explorer Dress Code Bermuda

muspe74

I'm going on Explorer of the Seas to Bermuda in a few weeks. On the "Formal" night, what percentage of men wear suits versus tuxes? Also, if you eat in the Portofino on a non-formal night, what's the normal dress for men? Sport coat or not?? Thanks.

and remember it is 'suggested' attire, not required. Lots of men on that cruise were just dressed neatly and fairly casually. Nobody looked twice at them. Of course, no shorts.

You are right, it's only suggested. We are just off our Alaskan cruise and most men were dressed in suits this time. I was one of the few in a tux and will continue to wear my tux on most cruises longer than 5 nights (two formal nights).

Not to get anything started (again) but, it is mearly a suggested atire. On our recent Alaskan cruise (Sept. 1), I witnessed two things that finally did turn my stomach as far as dress.

One was a young man (maybe 14 or 15) who was allowed into the dining room in dirty shorts and a dirty T-shirt. The other was a young man (maybe late teens to early 20's) in Kahki cargo pants that drug the floor by a good 2 inches, sandels (could barely see his mostly bare feet for the extra long pants) a button up casual shirt without collar NOT tucked in, a sport coat and tie that both appeared to have been snatched right off the Goodwill clothes rack.

Now I'm for being casual but........this was almost to much. I can't believe someone would dress their children like this for a formal dinner. It would have been better to just take the tie and sports coat of the one young man and, as far as the other in dirty shorts and a T-shirt, they could have at least put him in clean clothes for dinner.

Archived