Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

I saw on Hotwire yesterday a beachfront resort, 125.00 but I checked with Betterbidding before I took it--betterbidding was quite rude and no help. Said I needed to follow up on a post I did about Niagara Falls. When I went back to Hotwire it wasn't there. I have a SJ hotel booked( Hampton Inn & SUites) , but some of the reviews about the Caribe Hilton rooms are not very good. Has anyone actually stayed there and do priceline customers get the "not so nice" rooms???? I was surprised they would not help me on betterbidding till I told them what I did about Niagara falls???? Anyone ever encounter anything like that??? Guess maybe I better get busy and start bidding again on priceline. Thanks for any info!!

I love these boards --- now I have to go cancel the other 3 reservations I made --- the lowest of which was $167 for a Best Western!

Caribe Hilton $90 bid accepted

February 10, 2007

1 night

taxes & fees 27.62

Total $117.62

I saw on Hotwire yesterday a beachfront resort, 125.00 but I checked with Betterbidding before I took it--betterbidding was quite rude and no help. Said I needed to follow up on a post I did about Niagara Falls. When I went back to Hotwire it wasn't there. I have a SJ hotel booked( Hampton Inn & SUites) , but some of the reviews about the Caribe Hilton rooms are not very good. Has anyone actually stayed there and do priceline customers get the "not so nice" rooms???? I was surprised they would not help me on betterbidding till I told them what I did about Niagara falls???? Anyone ever encounter anything like that??? Guess maybe I better get busy and start bidding again on priceline. Thanks for any info!!

I actually canceled my registration with bidding for travel because they too were quite rude. Anyway I would go for the Carib Hilton, at $70 you can't go wrong.

I thought I got a deal yesterday morning at $100 since no one was hitting at any price below $140. This time it didn't pay to be first. DH says I shouldn't worry I still got a deal.

YIPEE!

Fri., Oct 13:eek:

Bid on Priceline 60.00, 65.00,70.00-not accepted

75.00 ACCEPTED!!

Feb. 22-25,07(3 nights)

Caribe Hilton

With tax 299.00(that also includes 15.00 ins.)

Very happy with that! I think they would have accepted 70.00 but I changed both destination and price and should have just added one more destination and left price alone. But, now I can cancel the 732.00 hotel and shop with the 400.00 I saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wondering--I just now call or email the hotel to request non-smoking. (I know there is a chance I won't get it) sorry, first time to use priceline.

Thanks everyone!!!:)

Jan 5-7 / 2 nights (pre-cruise)

Jan 14 / 1 night (Post-cruise)

Hotel: Caribe Hilton

Resort San Juan

$115.00 accepted for pre-cruise

$85.00 accepted post cruise

Like everyone else, I have been trying on priceline for about 6 months to get a resort (bidding up to $130). Yesterday they came through. Unfortunately, I started bidding at $115 and it was accepted, so I probably could have gotten a lower price. But, it beats $360 which is the price that the hilton website is quoting. For post-cruise, I started at $85 which was accepted first try.

Sunlover5 - After winning the bid, I called the hotel directly and talked to the hotel reservation desk. Do not let them transfer you to the Hilton Caribbean Reservation people because they cannot help you if you book through Priceline. The hotel reservation desk took my requests (2 doubles, non-smoking, late arrival and my hilton honors #) with no problem. I will be interested to see if it all works out, but I'm trying to be optimistic :)

I've never tried Priceline so can I ask for a little help? I need one night pre-cruise, Jan 26. Not sure how to ask so the location is good for getting to dock the next day. Any quick advice for a novice? I'd just like something clean and not shabby. Thanks

Do you want help with priceline or with finding a hotel????

Priceline you need to put in San Juan location and the desired star level of hotel. Other than that you can't pick exact location in SJ. No matter what hotel, it shouldn't be but a short cab ride to the pier. To get the Caribe Hilton we put in "resort". I would start the bidding at 65.00 and work up in increments of 5.00. I won at 75.00 but some as you can read have won at 60.00 or 70.00! Good luck!

Do you want help with priceline or with finding a hotel???? To get the Caribe Hilton we put in "resort". I would start the bidding at 65.00 and work up in increments of 5.00. I won at 75.00 but some as you can read have won at 60.00 or 70.00! Good luck!

Guess I wasn't clear enough. I was asking for help on Priceline. I went up to $125 for 3-star or resort and all were rejected. (Am I doing something wrong?) I'll keep checking and report back unless someone has other suggestions. I'm holding Best Western at the Airport for $196 with taxes but really don't want to stay there.

I have noticed the lower prices for Caribe Hilton are off of Hotwire right now too. You just might need to be patient till some more rooms open up for your date. I actually have been trying since I booked our cruise last spring and I just finally won a couple weeks ago. Until then, there had been nothing. If you want a resort just do resort only and not 3 star. Inoticed most got their bids around the same time I did, Oct. 13-14 so rooms must have opened up at that time. Anything else I can do to help let me know, I will keep my eye out and try and let you know when people are winning. It seems too when the deals go on Hotwire, the Priceline also starts accepting. Don't give up!!!!!!!:)

Just got the Caribe Hilton on Priceline for March for $80/night (pre-cruise). We are very happy. Just keep trying & hopefully you will also be successful!! Will be our first trip to San Juan and we are really looking forward to it.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I have been trying priceline to get a hotel in San Juan pre-cruise in Jan. I have not used it before and noticed a lot of you mentioning bidding up. Are you able to do this right away or waiting until the next day. When I bid and it is not accepted it says I have to wait 24 hrs to bid again unless I change something.

thanks for your help, I guess I should have been trying in mid-Oct. when everyone was getting such great deals.

You can bid again just add an area that DOES NOT have a resort and raise your bid by maybe 5.00. The other area will not accept because they don't have a resort but SJ might!!! Some are getting the Caribe Hilton now for around 80.00 or so! Keep trying. Good Luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Has anybody done any bidding recently for San Juan? I made reservations for January 27th, 2007 for 2 nights on my own for 3 rooms. I don't know if it is too late to bid for that time frame now. I haven never tried it. I'm a little nervous.

It's not that complicated.

You should try San Juan, select "resort" and bid about $80-$85 /nite. This does not include taxes.

Normally you have to wait 24 hours to bid again but if you go to the "Betterbidding.com" website and ask for help in bidding for a Resort in San Juan, the moderator will walk you thru it.

If that doesn't work email me a Mikeschnurr@gmail.com and I will try to explain.

Fellow Ontarian

• 3 weeks later...
I am totally unfamilar with this method of getting a reservation. What do I need to be aware of ? I heard that you do not necessarily get the specific type of room that you may want - just get "A" room is this true ?

Yes, but somewhat. You get a room that can accommadate at least two (if not 4) people, however, you can always call the hotel after the your bid has been won and request room type (i.e. king/double and smoking or non-smoking). Depending on the hotel, they can choose to put you in rooms that are older, but not all do this. I have always gotten decent rooms or the type I would get by booking direct. However, typically you won't be upgraded, but that's not always true. Some have, so it all depends on the hotel itself and the availability at check-in.

Hope this helps! :)