Info?

jillian_lpn

[quote name='jillian_lpn']I'm just looking for some suggestions on what to do here for the day? SHould I book an excursion or can I save money and just do things around the area? Thanks...Jillian[/QUOTE]

I'm not willing to tell you what to do, especially since you didn't tell me anything about you to base my recommendation on, so I will tell you what my family and I did when we were there in March.

We spent about 5 minutes walking thru the tourist trap, cruiseline built port shopping mall to get to the taxi stand out back. The $5 per person round trip price to Mahahual was definitely worth it. We spent just about the whole day there. We ate delicious food, drank less expensive beer, played in the sand, and generally had a fabulous time for very little money. Of course there is other stuff to do besides just hanging out at the beach like we did. You can go on a snorkel trip, rent horses, parasail, banana boat ride, rent quads or jet skis, go fishing, shop. This all costs money and we were being cheap so I don't know any of the prices, but I'm sure that for the most part they were less than what the cruise line would charge for an excursion.

The beach at Mahahual
[IMG]http://brobertson.org/costamayagallery/images/25mahahual3.jpg[/IMG]

You can see my photos from our day there at: [URL=http://brobertson.org/costamayagallery/]Costa Maya photo gallery[/URL]

[quote name='goodml']After some bad experiences with food in Mexico I have always been afraid to try anything at these beach side places for fear of getting sick after. No problems with the food or drinks there?[/QUOTE]

We had no problems with the chicken fajaitas, or conch and shrimp [URL=http://www.ochef.com/294.htm]ceviche[/URL] . It was all good and inexpensive. My son is still talking about the ceviche. Keep in mind that if there was something in the food to make you sick, DW would have gotten it.

Cooked food is the safest. Raw vegetables are what you should avoid.

Bruce-r, Could you tell me where ya'll ate in Mahahual? We were there in April and did not get to spend enough time in this little village. We are planing on going back on the Grand in April 05. I can't hardly wait to go back. My plan this time is to go to Mahahual and spend the whole day on the beach and we want have lunch here and a few drinks. Just kickback and relax in this peaceful place. I really have wanted to try ceviche??? and maybe even a massage on the beach!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for any info you can give me.

[quote name='mrsjoey']Bruce-r, I am sorry !!!!!!!!!!! after my question i found your pictures and review. I have answered my own question........[/QUOTE]

That's OK. Hope the photos helped. I wish I had taken some photos of the food. Mmmmm ceviche, I want some right [I]NOW[/I]

Archived