Ship Neighbors & Dinner Mates?

PineyEsquire

That is pretty amazing that someone would do that and then be proud of why. What a girlfriend! You gotta wonder why she was even with him unless it was for a free cruise.

I might have said to her is "you're kidding right"? I don't think I would tell him only because you don't know what his reaction would be to her, but I think she needed to see that others thought what she was doing was wrong and maybe she'd have second thoughts.

The kind of people who "walk this planet" and do what she did are SELFISH/self-absorbed, the world revolves around me people.

Has this ever happened to anyone, or was it just a freak coincidence? (Just got back from first cruise, so I don't know). One of the couples at our dinner table (the only other people who were there after the first night) just so happened to be in the cabin directly next to ours. Somehow we always managed to miss each other coming and going in the cabin, and we didn't figure it out until the fifth night of the cruise!

And we only figured it out then because we got married in St. Thomas and put a "Just Married" magnet on our door, and they asked us about it at dinner that night. Turns out that they had. . . *ahem* overheard us a few times. :eek: I must have turned every shade of red at dinner that night. Luckily they were a great couple, and we all ended up having a good laugh about it. . . after I turned back a normal color.

On future cruises should I be more mindful that I may be eating with the same people who are living next door to us?

It happened to me on The Legend. We had 2 other couples at our table who were across the hall and next to our cabin. We ran into one couple a few times while going back to the room. Which ship were you on?

We were on the Miracle a few weeks ago and a couple who were our dinner mates were down the hall a couple of rooms. We didn't know it until the last morning when we were both leaving our rooms at the same time.

We didn't hear anything from either side, and just a little from the hall, I kinda wondered if anyone was in those rooms.......

• 2 weeks later...

OK! Now you guys have done it! Carnival is going to start charging us an "entertainment fee" if we get a cabin next to a "moaner/squealer type/kind"!!:eek:

I never hear anything from the cabins next to ours...not ever...nothing!

Maybe I'll complain to Carnival about that! Should be good for an Onboard Credit...don't you think???:D

"Dear Mr./Ms. Carnival Person:

I never get any squealer/moaner types living next to me on your ships and I think that is unfair. What are you going to do about it?

Yours truly

Kinky Harry!":eek:

LMAO!!!

Tom:)

Has this ever happened to anyone, or was it just a freak coincidence?

I was going to say a coincidence but so far your responses from this thread there have been more table mates next door or down the hall from each other. Personally no one has ever been my neighbor that I have known.

We did not hear the honeymooners in the room next to us, we had a birds-eye view - apparently if you leave a light on in your room all that goes on will reflect in the glass on the balcony railing, lets just say that it made us very aware to keep our curtains closed

Archived