***Live from the Pacific Princess***

T&J

Alright made it here already! Flew into to Bangkok this morning from Singapore and arrived on time at 10:15am Zipped thru customs and my driver was waiing for me after the baggage claim and we were on the road at 10:40am. I arrived at the ship this morning at 11:45am and had to wait only 15 minutes before they started embarkation at 12 noon. I was checked in and on the ship within 12 minutes flat...pretty fast!

Dropped my bags off in my cabin as I decided to bring mine onboard myself and unpack quickly. I just finished to grab some lunch at the Panorama Buffet which was a quick bite and not bad for buffet food.

Going to see a couple of crew members that are disembarking at 3:30pm.

Going to be a quiet night tonight most likely. Will meet my table mates for the first time tonight. I am seated at table 65 which is in the centre of the Dinning Room.

Just met Lorraine and Tom in the internet cafe...FINALLY after being virtual friends on here.

Going to Msuter Drill at 4:00pm and then a quick cocktail with Cruise Critic get together and then sinner at 6pm.

More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Alright made it here already! Flew into to Bangkok this morning from Singapore and arrived on time at 10:15am Zipped thru customs ......More to follow later today from the Pacific Princess.

Tony

Hope you have a terrific cruise. Keep us posted. From the looks of things your on a roll this year for cruises, wish I had the time to join you, not to mention the money:)

Need to get my clock in sync with your clock. And here I thought you'd been abducted in Seoul. ;) Did they renumber the diining room tables? We were in the center at #46; can't mentally locate #65.

Hi to my "favorite" head waiter. And who's the Maitre d' this time around?

Arlene

Hi Tony, glad you made it. Say hi to Tom and Lorraine. Have you run across John and Dee yet?

Are you staying on board for the next segment? That was the one I wanted to do, but just couldn't manage it this time.

We'll just came back from dinner and two of my table mates where there tonight...nice cople...the otehr couple didn't show up, understandable on the first night. The foos is the same, the waiters for teh most part are the same...all is the same...which is really good! Alice is my waitress which she is outstanding. The Maitre'd is still Giusseppe which disembarks in Cape Town. I had a special salad and Filet of Zander with the flourless chocolate torte and strachetella ice cream witha bottle of Groth Sauvignon Blanc...no not the whole bottle!

My cabin steward is OK, but not WOW as most I ahve had on here before this summer. Also, FYI they updated the ship with the new linens but not the comforters on the ship or at least in the Balcony staterooms. Also, they have replaced the cheap white plastic balcony furniture with crips new metal chairs and tables with blue upholstery.

The muster drill was delayed by approx 45 minutes due to a lot of late arrivals at the pier We had a Cruise Critic little get together at the Pool Bar at 5:00pm for approx. 1 hour or so which was nice.

Might go to the "Office" tonight depending on how I feel...I should feel tired after all that flying but surprinsly I am not!

The ship is VERY QUIET tonight as no one is around anywhere. Tomorrow is a day at sea before we hit Phu My on Monday Sept 18th at 9:00am until 6:00pm.

The weather this afternoon started off very sunny and gradually by 5:00pm the clouds were very menacing and dark but without rain by the time we left at 5:30pm; only a half hour late departure.

More to follow later from the Pacific Princess.

Tony

Hi Tony! Just when the withdrawal was subsiding you come back and get me re-addicted. How was it being on land for a few weeks? When is Javier joining you again?

Feels great to be back at sea where I belong! I did feel good to be back home for 14 days as well... No Javier is home again...somebody has to work!

Forgot to mention the itinerary on this one from Bangkok to Cape Town going thru South East Asia and the Indian Ocena and the Seychelles, Maldives, India and Africa, Mauritius etc for 27 nights...amazing itinerary and the last time Princess is doing this for a while as they are not repeating it in 2007 or 2008.

Tony

Need to get my clock in sync with your clock. And here I thought you'd been abducted in Seoul. ;) Did they renumber the diining room tables? We were in the center at #46; can't mentally locate #65.

Hi to my "favorite" head waiter. And who's the Maitre d' this time around?

Arlene

Arlene it is eactly on the opposite side where we were all seating last summer onboard together.

Ricardo disembark 10 days ago and Mr. Eugenio is my Head Waiter...Giusseppe is still the Maitre'd but goes home in Cape Town.

Tony

Hi Tony, glad you made it. Say hi to Tom and Lorraine. Have you run across John and Dee yet?

Are you staying on board for the next segment? That was the one I wanted to do, but just couldn't manage it this time.[/qu

Hi Amy yes I met Tom and Lorraine and finally John and Dee Miner!

I was planning on staying for the Cape Town to Sydney but instead dropped out weeks ago and now going on the Golden on Oct 29th doing a Med b2b and Egypt cruise instead.

Tony

It's about time ! I have been waiting to here from you . Have a great day . BTW I just emailed you.

sorry but long flight ..took almost two days to get here almost!...I'll check my emails and get back to you.

Tony

& thanks for taking us All along:)

How does the Condition of the Ship look at first blush?

It will be our Home for 146 Days in 07 & 08:D

Thanks again for your Wonderful commitment of time to take us All along for the ride;) Wishing you a Fabulous Trip!!:)

Nice to have you back on board:)

I am leaving on Island Princess Hawaiian LA return on Thursday.Will try and read your reviews from the Pacific Ocean.:) Say Hi to Lorraine and Tom from me.Hope Dee has lots of luck at 'Trivia'.

Sorry to high jack this T.

Kruisey we are on the Island Princess Oct 20 for 15 nights .We have about 22 people in our roll call which we have planned to meet . Please submit your comments about Hawaii on the cruise if possible by doing a "Live from the Island Princess ". If not we will have to wait upon your return .

Hi Tony.. . .happy to see your are back on the high seas (well let's hope they aren't too high:eek: ). Please give Tom and Lorraine, Dee and John our best. They are all great and fun to cruise with.

Did you ever figure out if you are going to join us on the Golden New Orleans to Rio cruise?

Looking forward to reading your daily log of this cruise.

Stacey

Sorry to high jack this T.

Kruisey we are on the Island Princess Oct 20 for 15 nights .We have about 22 people in our roll call which we have planned to meet . Please submit your comments about Hawaii on the cruise if possible by doing a "Live from the Island Princess ". If not we will have to wait upon your return .

If the Internet functions.......have platinum so thats no problem..Kruisey:)

Arlene it is eactly on the opposite side where we were all seating last summer onboard together.

Ricardo disembark 10 days ago and Mr. Eugenio is my Head Waiter...Giusseppe is still the Maitre'd but goes home in Cape Town.

Tony

Kisses to Giuseppe please. You don't actually have to do it; you can verbalize. :D Ah.....Eugenio. How I would love to meet him. Has to be better than "you know who." :)

Say hi and send regards to Lorraine and Tom. Also to Dee and John who will most likely beat you in most travelled.

Arlene

& thanks for taking us All along:)

How does the Condition of the Ship look at first blush?

It will be our Home for 146 Days in 07 & 08:D

Thanks again for your Wonderful commitment of time to take us All along for the ride;) Wishing you a Fabulous Trip!!:)

Jotworld...the ship is pretty much the same I left it on August 1st after being on it for 2.5 consecutive months. I am finding that there is a lot more wear and tear on this ship than I would personally like to see. The service is exellent but I have to be truthfull I was blown away on the Grand Princess at the level of service which was beyond "EXCELLENT".

Cabins are looking a bit tired as well. On a further note from my last posting of last night. the new linens are implemented on here but I don't understand why they are covering up the new comforters by putting the old ones on top of them???...that's why I didn't see them last night until the bed was turned down after dinner...very bizzare!

Tony

Hi Tony.. . .happy to see your are back on the high seas (well let's hope they aren't too high:eek: ). Please give Tom and Lorraine, Dee and John our best. They are all great and fun to cruise with.

Did you ever figure out if you are going to join us on the Golden New Orleans to Rio cruise?

Looking forward to reading your daily log of this cruise.

Stacey

Stacey...Most probably I will do the New Orleans to Rio but will join in Aruba or Gran Cayman as I will be coming straight back from Tahiti...WOW your cruise is now dirt cheap from the pricing that I just looked up!

Yes Tom, Lorraine and Dee and John are all great people and we will have a great time together.

Tony

Kisses to Giuseppe please. You don't actually have to do it; you can verbalize. :D Ah.....Eugenio. How I would love to meet him. Has to be better than "you know who." :)

Say hi and send regards to Lorraine and Tom. Also to Dee and John who will most likely beat you in most travelled.

Arlene

Arlene...Yes Dee and John are 2nd most travelled and I am 3rd most travelled as the "Clarks" are onboard and are the most travelled pax's...will give your kisses to Giusseppe...his wife Janet is onboard again...don't know if you remember her while she was onboard the summer before with us with his kids?

Tony

Archived