25th anniversary

k.m.

My husband and I and two other couples will be leaving in two weeks on the CB. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary for which I purchased the anniversary package experience. Has anyone else on the board done this? I would appreciate their opinions of it if so. We have seen so much in our 25 years together that this anniverary really means a lot to us and I am hoping that the package will make it an even more special cruise than it already is...

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

K.M.

we don't leave for 4 (5?) weeks. :( However, if you do a search on this board, you'll get more feedback than you could possibly want! :eek: That's how I was able to make my decsion which one to get. (Got the $140 package) 25 years here too! :cool:

We sailed on the CB in August and also celebrated our 25th. We purchased the deluxe anniversary package and I would recommend it. It definitely was worth it and added to the cruise for sure. We loved everything we got with it.

Are you doing the renewal of vows? If so, I would recommend one thing. They will turn the webcam on so people at home can watch. Make sure you tell people at home to manually refresh their screens even though it says on the website it refreshes itself automatically. We had 2 people at home who saw nothing because of that.

Congrats and have a great cruise! 25 years is definitely a milestone and something to be proud of in this day and age!

...We have seen so much in our 25 years together that this anniverary really means a lot to us and I am hoping that the package will make it an even more special cruise than it already is...

K.M.

Us too. Congrats! It's our 30th.:D I looked at the ann. package also, but decided for the price to book the vow renewal package instead for $205. Had them add a note to our record that it is a secret. Unless she reads this post anyway;)

Thank you all for answering my post and congratulations to everyone who is celebrating an anniversary. I truly believe that in this day and age staying married (and in love), for so many years is an accomplishment that two people can be very proud of...

We celebrated 25th on Diamond. Not only is the package wonderful, but it seemed like everyone on board knew it was our anniversary. They decorated our door with lots of balloons and a poster. Our waiter in the restaurant made a big deal out of it and when we saw people in the hall by our room they congratulated us. It was so special. It was three years ago and I don't remember all the details, but it's well worth it. \\

In May 2008 we will celbrate our 25th as well (and my 50th birthday). We're starting to think about what cruise we should go on. I was thinking about Hawaii. (or does anyone have any other suggestions??) I wasn't aware of the anniversary packages. I'll have to do a search and find out what's involved.

I am going to be sailing on the Island next Sept. for my 20th anniversary. Can you tell me what the anniversary package is and the cost?

There are two different packages and a vow renewal ceremony to chose from. The anniversary experience package (which is the one I chose) has 1.bottle of champagne w/2 etched champagne glasses. 2. a framed formal night portrait. 3. chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your stateroom one night. 4. two roses delivered with the champagne. 5. a signed card from the Captain of CB., for $140. and the next package is the same plus 2 waffle robes to keep, a 30 minute spa treatment for each one of you, canapes delivered to your stateroom on the night of your choice, champagne breakfast in bed with a half bottle of French champagne for $420 per couple. The vow renewal package is $205 per couple. Happy Anniversary to everyone!!

2nd Sailing:

Why not join us when we celebrate our 50th Anniversary aboard the Sapphire Princess in May 2008. We will also be renewing our vows during the cruise which starts April 14, 2008.

We will be staying at the Four Seasons in Sydney, Australia for 3 nights prior to the 31 day cruise from Sydney and ending in Los Angeles. My wife had suggested we celebrate by taking a trip to either Tahiti or Hawaii. This cruise will visit both ports besides many others. Although all the suites are already booked, there may still be a few cabins available.

Ellis

""""""""There are two different packages and a vow renewal ceremony to chose from. The anniversary experience package (which is the one I chose) has 1.bottle of champagne w/2 etched champagne glasses. 2. a framed formal night portrait. 3. chocolate covered strawberries delivered to your stateroom one night. 4. two roses delivered with the champagne. 5. a signed card from the Captain of CB., for $140. and the next package is the same plus 2 waffle robes to keep, a 30 minute spa treatment for each one of you, canapes delivered to your stateroom on the night of your choice, champagne breakfast in bed with a half bottle of French champagne for $420 per couple. The vow renewal package is $205 per couple. Happy Anniversary to everyone!!""""""""""

Don't forget a very special tour of the bridge is included. Also, an orchid bouquet for me and a rose bouttonnierre (sp?) for my husband. And we had chocolate covered strawberries delivered every night, not just once. It was worth every penny and I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

Don't forget a very special tour of the bridge is included.

The Bridge tour is no longer included as part of this package - you can put in a request for a tour, but there is no garauntee that it will be honored. They made this change a year or 2 ago.

We just sailed in August on the CB, we did a tour of the bridge on a sea day no less. You are allowed to take as many pictures as you want, just no video. We were there in the bridge for 45 minutes or so with the captain.

Also, at the last art auction, they auction off a print of the ships nautical path for the cruise signed by the captain and ships officers. The winner of that also gets a tour of the bridge with their whole family done on the very last day of the cruise.

2nd Sailing:

Why not join us when we celebrate our 50th Anniversary aboard the Sapphire Princess in May 2008. We will also be renewing our vows during the cruise which starts April 14, 2008.

We will be staying at the Four Seasons in Sydney, Australia for 3 nights prior to the 31 day cruise from Sydney and ending in Los Angeles. My wife had suggested we celebrate by taking a trip to either Tahiti or Hawaii. This cruise will visit both ports besides many others. Although all the suites are already booked, there may still be a few cabins available.

Ellis

Hi Ellis:

Congratulations on your 50th. Sounds wonderful. I can't get anything on the Princess web site for the beginning of May (our anniversary is May 7th), but your cruise sounds wonderful. How many days is it? I'd really like a suite....maybe I should call Princess tomorrow.

We're just back from the 9/12 Crown Princess sailing, and I purchased the Deluxe Anniverary package as a surprise for DH. It was nice to have canapes or sweet treats delivered to the cabin every day around 5 pm, and we enjoyed the Champagne Breakfast on our balcony. The framed photo included our choice of several frames (nicer than I expected!), and all other items were as described.

Only issue was the Bridge Tour ... when I booked the package on 8/9, the website included the Bridge Tour as an item included in the package, and that really was the deciding factor in going with the deluxe package (DH loves to see how things work). The letter waiting in our cabin withthe champagne and roses describing the rest of the items we could expect did not include mention of the Bridge Tour, so I made a trip to the Purser's Desk. Was told on the first visit "if it was coming to us, we would get it". Not too specific, but I waited a few days before feeling like I better get more details.

By day 6 I still hadn't heard anything so returned to the Purser's Desk. Was told immediately "we stopped doing Bridge Tours as of 9/11/2001" ... and then I pulled out the printed description of the package I booked on 8/9/2006 showing it was included, and then was told by the same person that was an error on their website. I would not be dismissed (as I felt he was trying to do), and insisted on at least a better effort on his part as a representative of the passenger service team to assist with the services I was sold. He then said the best he could do was make a request on my behalf, and that there was absolutely no guarantee we would get the tour. But, we would get a letter stating if we would get the tour or not.

Before I got back to the cabin, my husband received a call (though he wasn't sure who it was from) saying that I had just been to the Purser's Desk making this request, that "it is no longer offered as a general practice, and that it could not be absolutely guaranteed" ... but the tone of the call seemed to indicate we would indeed be granted a tour, and that we were to wait for a letter with the date, time and place to meet. So much for the big surprise!

Finally got the letter on Day 7 confirming a tour on the last sea day. Group was only 16 passengers, and we stayed for about 30 minutes. There was apparently a second tour in the afternoon. It was nice to see how it all works, and DH was truly happy with the final special treat for him on this trip.

So -- all well that ends well, but I did not appreciate the treatment at the Purser's Desk. Interestingly enough, they had brochures at their counter during our sailing selling the Vow Renewal Pacakages, and the Deluxe Vow Pacakge description included the Bridge Tour ... wish I had that in hand when I spoke with the fellow who told me they stopped doing tours over 5 years ago!

Would we have received the invitation without the follow-up? I don't know. I didn't ask any of the other folks on the tour how they managed to get there.

Archived