?? about travel identification for minors.

bubiesmom

....Just to clarify that a high school id card is not issued by the government. It is issued by the school district.

Not sure about MN, but in all the states where we have lived, the school is run by the Government, and we always have to pay school taxes to either the county, city or state. They are considered public employees. There is often a private schools in the area, but they are most often run by churches.

Not sure about MN, but in all the states where we have lived, the school is run by the Government, and we always have to pay school taxes to either the county, city or state. They are considered public employees. There is often a private schools in the area, but they are most often run by churches.

Yes we pay taxes here in MN to schools based on tax levies that school district presents to the tax payers and if we approve them. School photo Id's are not considered a government issued photo id.

Tinley Park, hmmmmmm.....Small world as I am originally from Park Ridge and DH is from Glenview. :)

FYI....Check with the airline. You might need that photo ID for the 16 year old to fly. Our kids have had passports since they were little and we were questioned very stringently by the airport personnel at both the check in gate and at security for my 15 year old daughter on a trip to Chicago last February (before she got her learner's permit - photo id - in June) who happened to be 5'9" at the time and looks more 18-19 than 15. I just whipped out that passport and they were happy with that...absolutely no problem....but I would hate to think of what would have happened if I hadn't brought it.

Tinley Park, hmmmmmm.....Small world as I am originally from Park Ridge and DH is from Glenview. :)

FYI....Check with the airline. You might need that photo ID for the 16 year old to fly. Our kids have had passports since they were little and we were questioned very stringently by the airport personnel at both the check in gate and at security for my 15 year old daughter on a trip to Chicago last February (before she got her learner's permit - photo id - in June) who happened to be 5'9" at the time and looks more 18-19 than 15. I just whipped out that passport and they were happy with that...absolutely no problem....but I would hate to think of what would have happened if I hadn't brought it.

Small world as I am originally from Park Ridge and DH is from Glenview.

really small, my cousin lives in Park Ridge. About 2-3 years ago, we took the kids to Orlando. The airlines never asked any questions, no ID for the kids. The only time they said anything is when we were on the way home. I put the kids off to the side with the luggage so they could sit down while we stood in line. The women at the check-in counter said she had to "see the kids" before she would check us in. I got the kids, they said Hi and went back to their spot to sit on the luggage....

Archived