Does the Serenade sail past the Pitons?

Kevin's girl

We will be doing the Serenade of the Seas 7 night cruise and I was wondering if anyone may know if she actually sails past the Pitons. This will be our second time to St Lucia, and we never got to see the Pitons on the first cruise.

I am trying to figure out what we want to do here, and if the ship is going to sail past so we get to see them then I don't have to actually do an excursion there.

All cruise ship disemback at the Castries Habour. The Serenade is definately going past the Pitons. To visit the pitons you most certainly have to do a tour or an excursion. There are so many great tours that you can do during the day or you can organise a taxi to Soufriere. Too much adventure and so little time you will not regreat it. I've done it up until August of this year on my honeymoon. I can recommenbd ***** or you may select a travel agent. I did have a blast with these folks, my time was well spend. Hope you enjoy your second time round on the beautiful island of St. Lucia.

All cruise ship disemback at the Castries Habour. The Serenade is definately going past the Pitons. To visit the pitons you most certainly have to do a tour or an excursion. There are so many great tours that you can do during the day or you can organise a taxi to Soufriere. Too much adventure and so little time you will not regreat it. I've done it up until August of this year on my honeymoon. I can recommenbd ***** or you may select a travel agent. I did have a blast with these folks, my time was well spend. Hope you enjoy your second time round on the beautiful island of St. Lucia.

When we sailed on the Serenade last February the captain not only drove by the pitons, but did a 360 turn and then sat for a little bit. It was about the time of early dinner, because we could see the Pitons out the dining room window. Awesome! We are booked again for this coming February and can't wait to go. :D

We went onto the helipad (you can get there from deck 5) while the captain did the Piton Pivot. It was so amazing being on that huge ship, and just sitting and spinning! Personally, I think the captain just likes to show his marvelous ship off! He also does the pivot when you are in front of Monserrat on Friday.

You will love this ship and itinerary! Have a great cruise!

We will be on the Sun Princess - does anyone know if she sails past the Pitons?

The Serenade captain sounds great! I hope the Sun captain does the same. When we were in Alaska, the Coral Princess stopped and turned at Marjorie Glacier in Glacier Bay, I'm thinking it must be a similar move.

Any past Sun cruisers with info to share???

From what I understand the Serenade is the only ship that does the 360 manuever in front of the Pitons. You might get lucky and sail past the Pitons on the Sun Princess depending on the order of your itinerary but I wouldn't count on getting to do the 360 like the Serenade.

We just returned from the Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean cruise and wanted to mention our ship sailed by the Pitons in the wee hours of the morn (almost before daylight) so it was hard to take pictures. Our Captain did not do the PIVOT. Would have been nice, though. We took a Land/Sea tour with Frank's Tours (9/20) and came by them on a 20' water taxi out of Jalousie Resort. What a Treat ! Worth the trip to see ***

Archived