Antigua Canopy tour

redkurly

Has anyone done this tour???

there is apperently a 30 foot parachute jump at the end???

can anyone give me a personal experiencne with this tour??

I am thinking it would be really fun and different- but that 30 foot jump is sounds kinda crazy...:confused:

I posted this in another place- apperently St. John is not the same as Antigua?? sorry for the duplicate posting- but maybe I will get double the answers :-) hehehe

Has anyone done this tour???

there is apperently a 30 foot parachute jump at the end???

can anyone give me a personal experiencne with this tour??

I am thinking it would be really fun and different- but that 30 foot jump is sounds kinda crazy...:confused:

I posted this in another place- apperently St. John is not the same as Antigua?? sorry for the duplicate posting- but maybe I will get double the answers :-) hehehe

I may be nuts, but I think the idea of a 30' parachute jump would be a blast! On the other hand, Antigua is the home of our absolutely favorite excursion, Eli's Eco Tour, so if we do a canopy tour, it'll be on another island - they all seem to have them now, and we did it in St. Maarten last year (minus the jump :D ).

St. John is the capital city of Antigua, where the cruise terminal is located. There is also an island St. John, which is a US Virgin Island, and very close to St. Thomas. It's easily accessible from St. Thomas as a day trip if your cruise is scheduled to stop in St. Thomas, as the island is about 3/4 national park, has great beaches, snorkeling and hiking.

Jodi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Redcurly! The canopy tour in Antigua doesn't open till mid November of this year so you won't be able to find anyone thats done this excursion yet as they are still in the process of building it. I found the website for this company and called and spoke with Neil one of the directors. I was told that the course exsists of 10 ziplines and 12 challenge elements with the longest zipline being 600ft. There is a 120ft (yes I said 120ft not 30ft) controlled decent parachute type jump at the end but this is optional.

Currently they are only offering this excursion to a limited number of ships. When I told him I would be there on the 14th of November he said that I must be on the Radiance or the Serenade. I'm on the Radiance. Of course he said that this was an excursion not to be missed but I tend to agree with him. I am booking this excursion today for the 3 in my party and am hoping to convince others in our group. I will be happy to post a review when we return....so depending when you're cruising then I may be able to help. The companies website doesn't have a whole lot of info but Neil said that it is just a holding page right now and will be updated soon with pictures and more info. They are earmarked to open on November 5th and he said that construction was on schedule. He offered to keep me abreast of updates via email and will also send me pics. I will post the info as soon as I receive it. Well I hope this helps you a bit. I for one cannot wait until we do this excursion and I am looking forward to the jump at the end.

Sandie

Hi Redcurly! The canopy tour in Antigua doesn't open till mid November of this year so you won't be able to find anyone thats done this excursion yet as they are still in the process of building it. I found the website for this company

Sandie, can you give me the web address to the canopy tour?

Sorry, I thought that I had posted it. The web address is http://www.antiguarainforest.com/ Neil said that the website would have pics and other info in the next few weeks. Also the website says that the parachute jump is 60ft but I called Neil back a second time and confirmed that it is a 120ft controlled descent parachute jump. I've got it booked now and can't wait to try it!:D

Sandie

I'll be curious to see the reviews on this. We want to do one of these, and were looking at St. Lucia, but I have read some mixed reviews.

I don't want to skim 5 feet off the ground. I want to be high...and have some decent length zips. And I would be really interested in hearing about this parachute drop.

Sandie, I just finished reading about the canopy tour on Antigua on an NCL excursions board and it lists the parachute jump as only 30 ft! I thought to myself that it didn't seem high enough for one (?).

Yes, PLEASE post your review of this canopy tour! We'll be on the NCL Pearl in a few mos. and are trying to decide which one to do - that one; one in Dominca; or one in St. Lucia? We spent a wk. in Antigua a couple of yrs. ago and have stopped there twice on cruises, so there isn't a lot we haven't seen on that island, which means it might be a good place to devote to the doing the canopy tour.

Hi mblcruiser! Yes, I'll be sure to post a review when I return. We will be doing this excursion on November 14th. I am doing another week on the Freedom ship after this cruise so I won't be home until November 28th but I will post pics and a review then. If I have a chance I will post a quick review before that and a full review when I get home.

Sandie

Oh, fierysand, please DO post at least a preliminary report about the canopy tour as soon as you get a chance! I have alerted my roll call and we will be waiting to see what you think. It's between that one and one in Dominica for us. Please report on if it is mostly ziplining or if there are a number of challenge-type course things involved and how difficult they are and how good of shape someone would need to be in to finish it. Have fun on your cruises! (Can't imagine that you wouldn't!) Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I was just going to go look for this thread. Here it is at the top.

I'm hoping we hear from some of the people who have done this. I think someone said it was planning on opening Nov 5th, although I could be wrong.

We have no plans in Antigua, but am keeping an eye on this one.

Hi,

I recieved and email today, to check back November 23, 2006. Still not open. Hopefully they can give prices by then, I was told they deal with cruise ships, but don't have arrangements with Princess yet, or finalized. They will work with us , if there up and open on December 3 2006.

I just did it in Alaska this summer and had a blast. Husband want to do it this time.

Neil e-mailed me similar info. They are working on a contract with Princess, but if this does not happen prior to cruise - they will book direct.:) It sounds like a great experience! I also noticed it is already offered on NCL and Celebrity websites.

We have this booked for 12/26/06 through Royal Caribbean shore excursions. I hope they are opened by then?????? My husband, brother, and sister-in-law will be doing it. I am a feet on the ground kind of girl, so I will forgo this excursion. I hope that someone goes and is able to post about their experiience.

Hi,

I recieved and email today, to check back November 23, 2006. Still not open. .

I have my tickets in Hand (or should I say in my documents)for this coming Wednesday from NCL. I was assured they would be open by then because I passed up on another excursion which is sold out now. This would tick me off big time if it does not happen. Because of its cost we also opted not to do a certian tour in San juan which I am certian is also sold out.

Keeping my fingers crossed:)

Steve

I checked with Princess today.. The rep I spoke with had no info on the Zipline and thought that at this late date Princess would not be offering it until Jan. I hope it happens in time for our late Dec. trip or that we can book independantly.

Archived