Fantasy Class Cat 12 Suite With Kids

martind42

Anyone know if there is a partition to separate the main bedroom from the living area in a Category 12 on a Fantasy class ship? I don't recall there being one on my last trip, but on that one we did not take our children.

If not, anyone have any ideas on how to rig one to provide some separation between the kids and the main bedroom?

Martin

It is called an inside cabin across the hall:)

Two rooms will cost you about the same as Cat 12, and you will have the all imporant second bathroom - but you do lose the balcony...

You could probably do a Cat 11 and an inside...

But to answer your question, no there is no separation, you did not say which ship, but I have seen two Fantasy class Cat 12 - and neither had any separation.

We had a Category 11 (balcony suite) on the Fantasy and we brought our daughter. We had plenty of room. If you're worried about "private time," that's why Camp Carnival has those evening parties for the kids; they even have one that starts at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until 3:00 in the morning!;)

Anyone else with ideas besides a sheet and duct tape?

Martin

We were on the Fascination in January of this year in a cat 12 and them's the facts, Martin. There is a wall of glass between the bed and the couch. There is no way to block that area off unless you put a cover over the glass (thus the sheet and duct tape idea). I've noticed several other good comments from camp Carnival to a room across the hall for the kids (providing they are old enough). What type of answer were you looking for? Maybe more info would help.

I have seen some informative replies on other issues -- like the bungie cord for the balcony door, and the magnet for the balcony door. I just thought there may be some other createive responses.

I have little kids, so the interior room is not an option. And, in reality, neither is the late night Camp Carnival. So, even just something that would block the light from the TV would be welcome. I was thinking that someone from this board must have tried something.

But, maybe I am wrong.

Martin

We put the 17 month old in Auntie's cabin across the hall for nap time, it was an inside cabin and we brought our baby monitor that we use at home, it was very effective. They also have adjoining cabins that work well for that as well - solves the separate, but accessible problem, we had adjoining cabins on the Ecstasy with my parents on that same cruise.

So seriously, it's a pretty wide space to cover...

But, get a couple of these and the trusty duct tape...

Covers, blocks out the light, is festive, and easy to run in and out to check on the kinder...

http://www.orientaltrading.com/application?namespace=search&origin=searchMain.jsp&event=button.search&Ntt=curtain&Ntk=all&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&N=0

CJW

We had a Category 11 (balcony suite) on the Fantasy and we brought our daughter. We had plenty of room. If you're worried about "private time," that's why Camp Carnival has those evening parties for the kids; they even have one that starts at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until 3:00 in the morning!;)

newgirl!

Please, please, please...

Give us some reviews and pictures of your Category 11 on this thread here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=298868

Thanks in advance.

CJW

Archived