*Report from the Voyage of the Spammed*

RevNeal

Bye to all of you Spammers....just wish all the rest of us could be there too. So, take us with by post and pic and it won't seem so bad. Anyone touched by the upgrade fairy or does a CC group stay as booked? Have a really good frozen Margarita (no salt) for me, in case you need a reason :)

Blessings,

Gail

We've arrived! :) San Diego is a bit chillier than expected. After a beautiful sunset, the temperature quickly dropped into the low sixties! During the cruise I hope to add to this thread with a few photos.

Dan, glad you made it to S.D. hope you are noit getting the rain we have had here in Las Vegas all day.

Bon VOyage to all of you, Iwill be watching your "Wave" on Saturday

P.S. Vic, I emailed you several days ago, you have not even read it yet:confused: You still have your same email don't you?

Exhausted ... but now sitting on the couch at the Holiday Inn in San Diego. :)

As usual, transport to the port embarkation was long and exhausting ... with MANY problems from the time I posted this thread to the time I finally got to the airport. BUT ... by the time we boarded our flight (which was so full they were asking 8 people to give up their seats (yeah ... RIGHT!)) things had finally settled down and the flight was calm and uneventful. Checked in around 11:45 pm. and am now trying to get ready for bed.

I'll report tomorrow (probably after the dinner).

Vic ... we will miss your horribly.

Rev. Neal,

Glad you got to SD and will get some rest before sailing into the Hawaiian Sunset.

I envy all you travelers. Hawaii is so beautiful this time of year. I had the privledge of seeing it in September many, many years ago, but the memories are still very vivid and the islands still some of my favorite picture spots.

Keep us up on the news,

Linda

i just want to wish all of you an absolutely awesome time! That poor ship will just never be the same. This is really a milestone ... finally a HAL group cruise gets underway.

You may not have been first in the planning, but you're definitely the first in the sailing! So when you're all together on the ship and raising your glasses high, please don't forget little old us back here on dry land:( and thinking of you. Just once raise that glass high and toast to us:) .

Can't wait to read this thread. Bon Voyage, good friends!

cruisechampagne.jpg

You have no idea, Rev, how much I wish I could be sitting on that lobby couch with you.

You guys have a wonderful cruise, and I'll be following your adventures here on Cruise Critic.

Blue skies and calm seas!

--rita

Bon Voyage to all! Have been "lurking" on your planning site from time to time. We REALLY wanted to join this group, but it just didn't work this time. We WILL be sailing in December, but we're envious of the time of year you picked. Weather should be wonderful and, with luck, the seas calm. Enjoy and know how much we will all enjoy reading your reports daily! Aloha!

What is the link to catch the San Diego WAVE tomorrow?? Thought we had that bookmarked but can't find it now.

Bucky, here is the link.

http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?func=0&name=/ecodb/sandiego/oneamerica2&pan=-101.48572&tilt=-12.994281&panfov=19.214195&tiltfov=14.976375&overlay=default&skin=default&useapplet=true&time=1079709536699&width=640&height=480&quality=60

It looks pretty lonely there right now but tomorrow this time it will look great with two of the DAM ships in port. My favorite ship and the ship of my upcoming cruise in November:D

Thanks, Lisa. You're right, I will miss it:( .

Don't worry Heather, I will be capturing lots of pictures and posting. I just wish I could be there in person using my NEW 12X zoom camera I got last night. I thought I could capture some great zoom shots before this thing get's even closer:)

Greg I am green with envy. Remember the last time we were in San Diego at the hotel. You and I and Rita were visiting and then the rest of the CC group joined us. It was a wonderful evening and I will be with y'all in spirit.

Bon Voyage have a great cruise!

Where are your priorities, girl????? :D

John is right. Priority is dinner especially for DH. He doesn't "get" this whole CC thing anyway ... all I have to do is say I can't go to dinner because I have to watch the "wave" from the Voyage of the Spammed!!!

He'd have the white coats here so fast you couldn't say "nutcase":D

As usual, transport to the port embarkation was long and exhausting ... with MANY problems from the time I posted this thread to the time I finally got to the airport. BUT ... by the time we boarded our flight (which was so full they were asking 8 people to give up their seats (yeah ... RIGHT!)) things had finally settled down and the flight was calm and uneventful. Checked in around 11:45 pm. and am now trying to get ready for bed.

I'll report tomorrow (probably after the dinner).

Vic ... we will miss your horribly.

Greg, glad you made it. Mr. Deering called me from Oosterdam, startled me at dinner, they will be in at 6am, they will be on south side of the pier. Zaandam will be on North side, so it looks like the Oosterdam people have the tents! :)

DW is a little jet lagged so we will not be making it for drinks this evening. We are going to be meeting for breakfast at the hotel restaurant (Holiday Inn on the Bay) tomorrow morning at 9am. If you can drop by we'd love to meet you and some ofthe other Zaandam cruisers in person. I left you a voicemail in your room.

bon voyage everyone

Archived