Glory

tidyoyster

Hi Rockie!!!!! We got home, barely, because of our luggage. We tried to squeeze into a car, but ten sweaty minutes later went inside an told rental agent WE NEED A BIGGER CAR!!!!!Someone had just returned aTrailblazer,thank heaven. Did you get our email addy? We stuck it on your door.

/

The new cruise director is Shannon Christo. She was quite entertaining.

Hey Patti, yes I got your email addresses on my last trip to my cabin. When I get the domestic chores done, I will find the pics I took and email them to ya'll and to James and Bonnie. I didn't get home until 10:30 PM last night. Steve's friend that was supposed to pick us up at Dulles could not make it, and I had to call around to find someone to pick us up. My nephew (the one who got me started on this cruise) came to the rescue!

Even though I am home, sometimes I feel the ship moving still! :eek: Hope that will pass soon.

Well, back to the washing machine for now.:p

Great cruise with a group of friends. I'd give the overall trip a "B". Personally we weren't very impressed with the food, the highlights for us were the sushi, the Supper Club and pizza at 3AM. :)

We did have a great time, but I found the service to be a bit under par compared to my experience on the Inspiration last year. There was a chocolate buffet but I couldn't bring myself to stand in line for it.

Weather was pretty good, certainly on shore days it was great. The last two sea days were pretty rocky (as in watching my ketchup bottle slide back and forth on the table...) and, like a couple of other posters, I'm still feeling the rocking quite a bit! I'll post a more detailed review later.

We were on the Glory till 9/16. The service was great, the food was great and the weather was outstanding. Everyone and everything just clicked on this cruise. The staff of the ship was very accomedating , we had a great Head Waiter that made sure everything was hot and perfect, he'd bring extra deserts when we couldn't make up our minds, I'm pretty sure he beats the helper though for inefficiency ROFL, jk. I loved it this time, while I was on it in Feb. and we thought it was so so, I thought it perfect this time. If you're a foodie remember to do the supper club, it's 30 bucks a person and the food and service is outstanding. Have a great time. Oh btw the ship is beautiful, she's newer and she shines:) Happy sailing!!

We did the 9/23 sailing of the Glory. This was 5th cruise and we liked this ship best of all. It was in very good shape the service was excellent. I came across the chocolate buffet by accident and it was fantastic. The biggest downer for us was the quality of food in the dining room as well as the lido deck. It's obvious to me the good food is being put in the supper club and I am not going to put the extra out for it just my opinion. But we had a roll call group of 50 plus people and I asked most of them their opinion of the food and most thought it was not good. But I also think Carnival is doing what it has to do to keep the cost down. We still had a great time and would do it again I just think there is some cost cutting going on in some areas. Entertainment also left a lot to be desired. Midnight comedians were pretty good (except for one but that was just our personal taste). We have always enjoyed attending the nightly shows but the singing and dancing were the worst we have seen. Did any of the bad ruin our cruise, not a chance! There were too many other things to do to worry about what needed improvement. We also see alot of reviews saying you can't find your way around the ship. It is not that hard, just look at the map, find the stairway or elevator that you need and go down your own hallway to get around any obstacles.

I am just off the Glory. also. My group of 20 had a great time. I had one meal that I did not care for out of the whole week. I had a tough steak. DH had ordered the same thing and his was great. It was just luck of the draw. My waiters were awesome, my steward was fantastic. I did not find the lines too bad and I hate standing in line for anything.

The Lido wait staff was on the ball and we were never wanting for anything. The kids were well entertained. There was a lot of planned activities for my 12 year old to do and my 15 year old had a bunch of kids to go around with. I encountered no drunks, no one obnoxious. Just one older lady who was very rude to my daughter and made her cry. We laughed it off and all was well. That could have happened anywhere.

I would go back in a heart beat.

Ruggled, we looked all over the Lido deck for your party. We even walked around saying "oh, Ruggled" for awhile. Our group was always on the upper right hand side, if you were looking at the slide. Where were you?

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to email me at lac@cfl.rr.com.

Hi Tidy!!!!!!! I just realized this was your post. Did you not cruise this year? We did the same as last year (sister and I) and the Glory was perfect as far as I am concerned.I have not one complaint. The eastern route is wonderful. (well, except Nassau)

Hi airhead!! I have been reading your post for weeks now. And I was so jealous that you and our friends Angela and John were on the same cruise. They were with us on the Miracle last Oct. I haven't had a chance to call her yet. I can't wait to see her pics! I new you would have a great time. Did you get any massages on the beach!

We are scheduled for the Glory on 10/21. We are looking forward to four ports!!!! We haven't been to Costa Maya. When we cruised last year, we were scheduled for Costa Maya but rough seas prevented us from going there.

My daughter, who is 7, is already planning her talent show routine. She loves cruising....this is # 4 for her. I don't think there will be many children since school is in session.

We're looking forward to another great trip.

Mary

Let me start off by saying that we love to cruise and always try to look for the best. There were four couples in our group and we are all seasoned cruisers.

Overall...very disappointed.

We all had cabins side by side with balconies. We could have our cabin steward open the doors between them so we had one huge deck. Our cabins were very nice and spacious with plenty of storage. The mattresses are

very comfortable.

The cruise director appeared to us to be goofy. Not very many activities scheduled as we have had on past cruises and cruiselines. The entertainment

was not very good as we have experienced in the past. Had three comedians but only one was worth seeing.

The food upstairs in the Red Sail was not good and never looked appetizing.

We opted for the pizza and burgers when dining there.

Our dining room servers were the best we have had on any cruise. We tipped them a larger amount on the last evening. The service was fantastic but the food was mediocre. The desserts were always good but the main courses were poor. Not the servers fault....

The ship was easy to navigate around after you got a deck plan. The Sports Bar was small and did not have alot of sports teams. The cable company the cruise line used was from Denver. (go figure...) Very limited on football games.

We were all shocked since our cruise on the Carnival Pride was the best

cruise any of us ever had.

Oh yes, I DID get a beach massage!!!! In St. Martin, Orient Beach, the most beautiful place on earth I have ever seen. We went to Kakao Beach club, and there was a french lady with the same setup as Paradise. I could hardly walk when I got out. Remember that look I had before.....oh yes. Only 2 ships in port so the beach was very empty.

Oh yes, I DID get a beach massage!!!! In St. Martin, Orient Beach, the most beautiful place on earth I have ever seen. We went to Kakao Beach club, and there was a french lady with the same setup as Paradise. I could hardly walk when I got out. Remember that look I had before.....oh yes. Only 2 ships in port so the beach was very empty.

how much was the massage on the beach???

We are scheduled for the Glory on 10/21. We are looking forward to four ports!!!! We haven't been to Costa Maya. When we cruised last year, we were scheduled for Costa Maya but rough seas prevented us from going there.

My daughter, who is 7, is already planning her talent show routine. She loves cruising....this is # 4 for her. I don't think there will be many children since school is in session.

We're looking forward to another great trip.

Mary

Mary! Join our Glory 10/21 ROLL CALL over on the Roll Calls board! Great group of folks and we already have a meet and greet scheduled!

See ya there!

Stef

We had a great time as well, just DH and I. The only thing that I wasn't too thrilled about was the music on the Lido Deck. When the band came on it was great but in the morning it was the same CD or something just playing over and over. Other than that-you have to see Agus on the Lido Deck-he is great!! And our waiters at dinner were awesome-Valentin and Juan!! :)

Archived