Port of Miami: Question concerning getting off one ship and onto another

Sailfish

Be aware that your duty free allowance is over a 30 day period, it is not per entry back into the US. In other words, in a 30 day period you can only bring back $800 worth goods duty free total, not per cruise. They probably wouldn't catch you but you never know.

I didn't know that!! Chances are good we won't be buying much, and if we do, it will be on the last cruise, not the first one. But that's good to know. I thought your quota was reset every time you re-enter the country!

Thanks for all the hepful information!

Suzi

I didn't know that!! Chances are good we won't be buying much, and if we do, it will be on the last cruise, not the first one. But that's good to know. I thought your quota was reset every time you re-enter the country!

Thanks for all the hepful information!

Suzi

Yeah, I discovered that when I did 3 cruises this past March. On the last cruise, at one of the stores in Ensenada they actually had a listing of the customs regulations and that's when I found out about the regulation.

A little twist on the topic discussed. My question concerns getting off one RCI ship (Majesty) in miami and boarding another RCI ship - the Brilliance. Should I assume they will be docked next to each other (I believe someone mentioned F&G). Will I be able to get a porter to just wheel our luggage to the boarding area for the Brilliance. I never really study the layout at the Port of Miami because I never assumed I would be in this particular position.

Thanks for any help.

We're going to do laundry aboard the Valor so we have clean clothes for the following week, but I suppose we can opt to walk off with our luggage and not check our bags the night before; especially if we are going walk over to the Explorer's terminal. Packing light will be a challenge; thanks for the suggestion.

Does anyone know where I can find a map of the cruise terminal in Miami? I'll do a search on the internet and see what I come up with. It would be helpful to "see" the layout of the port - that would give me a better idea of the distance. A cab might be the way to go, but we also will have a lot of time to walk, especially if we limit our baggage.

Thanks again for your help.

you are lucky that valor is first otherwise you would have a lot of dirty clothes when embarking Explorer. There are no self serve laundry om any RCCL ship and you would have had to send it all out for dry cleaning. :eek:

you are lucky that valor is first otherwise you would have a lot of dirty clothes when embarking Explorer. There are no self serve laundry om any RCCL ship and you would have had to send it all out for dry cleaning. :eek:

I am going to make every effort to pare down my packing to just the bare minimum, though I know my husband will be taking his suit, which takes up a lot of space. Unfortunately, I am not known to do so - I over pack almost every trip! We will do laundry and possibly roll our bags off the ship. I am very concerned about losing luggage when we debark the Valor, as it has happened to us before on another line.

orknot2be:

I don't know if you change terminals if the porters from the other work both. In my situation, we will have no choice but to transport our own bags from one ship to another for obvious reasons. You guys actually have it easier - with not much distance to cover. Maybe someone here can better answer your question about the porters, but it doesn't sound like the distance is prohibitive.

Good luck!!

A little twist on the topic discussed. My question concerns getting off one RCI ship (Majesty) in miami and boarding another RCI ship - the Brilliance. Should I assume they will be docked next to each other (I believe someone mentioned F&G). Will I be able to get a porter to just wheel our luggage to the boarding area for the Brilliance. I never really study the layout at the Port of Miami because I never assumed I would be in this particular position.

Thanks for any help.

When we disembarked the Majesty in April, the Brilliance was right next to us. I don't know if it's always like that, but it definitely was then. We stood up on deck checking her out! Beautiful ship! The Majesty was great too! You're going to have a nice time!

Archived