Itinerary change Sun 11/5/06

seajay242

In checking NCL's new website, I discovered a change in the itinerary for the Sun departing NO on 11/5/06. The ports of Cozumel and Costa Maya have been reversed and the times in port have changed. NCL said the change was made on 9/22/06, but no notifications were given to passengers or TA's. They cannot give a reason for the change, but it may mess up independent tours passengers may be arranged. It did mine. :confused:

I'm on this cruise next week, and the itinerary has not changed since I booked back in May. Could this be for your cruise only? but then that wouldn't make sense, I would double check if I were you.

And even if it has changed, there is this lovely little addon on the website

Itineraries are subject to change at any time without notice.

Those two ports have changed for Nov 5 and Dec 10 only, possibly due to the amount of ships in port. We started out with only one docked port and now we have two with two tender. We will be on the Dec 10.

NCL customer service didn't know about the change until 9/21 or 22 but shore excursions showed the change almost two weeks prior to that.

Hey, happens all the time - could be for a number of reasons such as they can't get into the port(s) that day, so they need to reverse them.

This happened to the Star in late 2005 until Mar 2006 - it had azipod troubles and had to miss Acapulco and Ixtapa - I was on one of those cruises. Yeah, they gave us a credit, but that was because we missed the ports.

We didn't care either way because we were going on a CRUISE!!

Would have been nice for NCL to notify guests themselves rather than reading about it here. Thanks again retired.

Bob

Bob, it would have been nice, but for something like this quite often cruiselines don't seem to think it is any big deal. The only one affected are those who do plan independent tours. For those it is a big deal, we always do our own as well and wouldn't be too happy if we found out when our docs arrived or in some similar way, but that is the nature of the beast. NMnita PS; twice we sailed Celebrity, both times there was total port changes (not just reversed) neither time were we notified by them. NMnita

This happened to us on another line. They changed the itinerary a week before we left. They tell you that you should book your tours through the ship and you won't have any issues. I booked independantly and had quite a time getting the tour company in Costa Maya. On my way to the airport the guy from the tour company called me on my cell and told me all was okay. These tour companies depend on the cruise industry especially in Costa Maya. There just isn't a lot of other tourists there. Anyway all worked out well and I was so glad that I booked my own tours. Much fewer people on the tours and about half the price. But check your itinerary before you go if you book your own tours. Otherwise it won't effect you too much.

Archived