LIVE From 10/15 Freedom of the Seas "Crown & Anchor" Cruise

LauraS

• Administrators

By now, I'm sure many of you read this recent "promo" in this week's Cruise Critic E-letter, which I've updated a bit to reflect some new numbers!

"In what amounts to a Cruise Critic invasion, some 350 Cruise Critic members, not to mention a whole handful of hosts – and the illustrious Freedom Lovers and Pink Boa Society – will be descending on Royal Caribbean’s Freedom of the Seas next week for the line’s latest Crown & Anchor cruise. The trip departs Miami on Sunday for a week’s voyage to the Western Caribbean (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Ocho Rios and Labadee). The ship may never be the same!"

Tune in to Cruise Critic, starting late Saturday, as we’ll be hosting our largest ever blog-in-a-thread. Led by Cruise Critic’s community maestro LauraS the blog will also receive contributions from other folks onboard. We can’t predict the outcome (er, we’re a little bit terrified), but we know it’s going to be interesting."

I've invited all our Cruise Critic friends who are posting on our ROLL CALL (you'll find us all here ) and those who are sailing with the Freedom Lovers (the official Cruise Critic Group (you'll find us here) to join me in reporting back LIVE from Freedom of the Seas - Oct 15, 2006's Crown & Anchor Member Cruise!

Our Editor isn't kidding....it *will be interesting*. After all, Boas, Speedos, & Sexy Legs - OH MY! Terrifying? You'll have to join us each day -- right here -- to find out!

See you Saturday - LIVE from The Intercontinental, Miami!

Laura

After all, Boas, Speedos, & Sexy Legs - OH MY! Terrifying?

Nahhhhhh.....it's ALL good! You will have a blast!

I can't believe the time has come. Have a fabulous time, everyone! Wish I could be there with you..... Really looking forward to hearing all of your live reports!

T

• Administrators

Our bags are packed, waiting right by the door. We have a 7:50am flight out of NY's LaGuardia Airport. My son Dan (aged 19) and I expect no traffic tomorrow am, and the weather appears to be cooperating here on the East Coast -- sunny but a bit on the chilly side. Supposedly it will be around 48 degrees when we wake up in the morning. What a perfect day to escape to Miami and then, of course, Freedom of the Seas. Even though the weatherman says "chilly" I'm wearing Miami clothing in the am even if it kills me!

We arrive in Miami, barring any delays, at 10:30am. We'll catch a cab over to the Intercontinenal, which I booked a few months back using Priceline for $85.00 ($104 w/ taxes). I have asked for non-smoking room, but we all know booking through Priceline means you "take what you get". I'll be sure and post and let you know what's up with that!

Signing off for an early turn in.....

Safe travels to all the Freedom Lovers, Pink Boa Society, and my Hosts, heading from all across the US and Canada (and places far beyond).

Laura

Hello Laura,

My DH Patrick (Mr. Sexy Flamino Legs on the Maiden Voyage) and I wish you and your son a wonderful sailing on FOS. We wish that we could be with you but the Pink Boa Society will be well represented.

Ciao!

Janice & Patrick (barnismom and barnisdad)

Hello, Laura! My DH, Steve and I were on the Inaurgural with Emmy and Rick, Janice and Patrick (Mr. Flamingo Leggs) and Bob and Carol, Teri and Tony, Tracy(Zotzer), plus a host of others that, unfortunately, aren't represented this time around. But I know we all have you in our hearts, wishing every one of you a wonderful time!

Right now, at 1:52PM Chicago time, most of you have landed in Miami, one way or another!

Looking forward to your posts! :D

How I wish I were sailing with you!!! We went on the inaugural voyage and still think of it as perhaps the best time we've ever had. We did it all: surfing, rock climbing, skating, miniature golf, excursions, etc. My best wishes to everyone for a wonderful, wonderful voyage.

• Administrators
we're sailing sunday- just found out you had to register 3 days before- I guess we're out of luck- but I'm sure we'll see everyone on board

Please feel free to join us at the Meet & Mingle - 10:15 am on Monday in Pharoah's Palace. They always have extra...

Laura

• Administrators

As you can see we've arrived -- coming straight to you from the 18th floor of the Intercontinental Our view: cityside looking at lots of downtown construction sitesl If we bend our heads to the right we can clearly see Bayside.

Even though skies were clear this am, we still took off 1/2 hour late and arrived at MIA at 11am. Quick cab ride, quick checkin -- our room WAS ready when we got here at 1130am.

My son deems this room the largest he's ever been in -- he was impressed. Truly the Intercontinental has never disappointed me -- especially at this price. ($85 thru Priceline).

The bathrooms here are just huge...no other way to describe them. The inner room contains the toilet and shower...the outter room has the sink area, a closet, chest of drawers and lots of floor space.

We spent the afternoon in South Beach...we must have walked five miles. We definitely started to feel the heat....and just got back to the hotel to rest a bit before dinnner (and a bit more browsing at Baysidel)

Looking soooo forward to tomorrow and meeting everyone....

Laura & Dan

• Administrators
Would appreciate good reviews on the food, crowds, pools (are they as crowded as some say?) , and type of dress in the dining room (is everyone in jeans?). We sail Freedom Oct 22nd so look forward to your comments.:)

Got it. :::::Committing to memory::::::

Laura

PS: Excuse typos, this tiny keyboards plus manicure = lousy typist.

OH NO ~ a mickeyfriend and Laura ~ that's a dangerous combination !!!!!!!!

Laura and Dan ~ glad to hear you had an uneventful trip down to paradise! I ordered good weather for you today....none of that 32 and snowy stuff some of the midwest had a couple of days ago!!!! Sunny skies from here on out!

Tell everyone we said hello tonight and we'll be pulling in tomorrow morning around 11:00 AM. See you there and have a fun night!

We have been enjoying the Florida sun and Host Anne's wonderful hospitality since yesterday afternoon! It was great to leave the snow and cold of Northern Michigan!

We are coming over with Host Anne in the morning... looking forward to meeting everyone on the ship!

Got back an hour or so ago from an enjoyable dinner at Lombardis with fellow Freedom cruisers. It was great to see some old friends and meet new ones. Threre were quite a few pink boas in evidence.

MAO - Wish you and Linda were here. We will have a drink for you. Keep checking this thread, it is sure to be interesting.

Laura, looked for you tonight, but must have missed you. See you tomorrow.

It's 5:30 and I've just watched the Freedom do it's turn around and begin it's docking procedure at the port. I'm so glad that I insisted on a Bayside view when we checked in yesterday.

Now that I've actually seen her, I'm even more excited. I can't believe this day has finally come!!

Can't wait to meet all my fellow cruisers!!

See you all at the dock!

Hugs,

Jen & Pete

Archived