Alaska: Vision, Radiance or Serenade?

Wazzo

Which ship is your choice for Alaska?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is your choice for Alaska?

• Serenade
    • Radiance
    • Vision

My Mom and I are looking into an Alaskan cruise. Which RCI ship do you recommend? From the website I have noticed that Vision, Radiance and Serenade sail Alaska... which do you recommend, and why?

Thanks! :D

I suggest you look at the difference in itinerary, where each ship goes, how long it is in port. where it starts and returns to (usually either Seattle or Vancouver) andafter making that choice, then narrow your choice to which ship. As the previous poster said Serenade and Radiance are sister ships - the only differences are in decor; the Vision is slightly smaller and a little older but still a very good ship for Alaska because of the huge amount of glass.

I would alsourge that you study the pricing carefully and you will note that the first couple of cruises at the beginning of the Alaska season and the last couple are usually somewhat cheaper. But beware - the reason is the weather, particularly the first couple. It takes a while for it warm up, but if you dont mind a little colder weather they can be a good buy:)

I've narrowed it down to Serenade or Radiance but am leaning towards Serenade since it is a round trip out of Vancouver. The airfare one way to Vancouver and one way to Anchorage is so high. I think we would see more on the Radiance itinerary but we're fine with Serenade also.

Bottom line-can't go wrong on any of these ships.

The Serenade and the Radiance are sisiters. Both itins are wonderful you will visit Hubbard Glacier on Both. The only diffrence is you will get to see Anchorage on your return/begin when they bus you to/from Seward if you choose the Radiance. The Serenade is RT from Vancouver. I would skip the Vision all together. This is a nice ship, but not as many new amenities as the two other ships, and most important the itin on the Vision will not visit Hubard Glacier, and trust me you dont want to miss it. Also, sailing to or from Vancouver is beautiful, and there is so much to do there. The city is alive! I sailed on the Serenade Sep 2006 and it was a dream come true.

Have Fun!

I haven't sailed either, but the Radiance and the Serende are essentially the same ship.

I thought this too, but the ratings for the two ships are different. Serenade edges out the Radiance on dining and entertainment. But, perhaps it is just according to this site?

Definitely go with Radiance or Serenade. Vision has one of the worst Alaska itinerary of any ship sailing next year, if not the worst Alaska itinerary (not that getting to see Alaska by cruiseship could ever be bad).

Archived