Everybody's photos!!!

karmac

• 2 weeks later...

My photos of the Pacific Dawn Maiden Voyage on 9 November 2007 are now up and running. All 345 of them. :p

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561634113ZVQEnN

We went to Noumea, Dravuni Island, Suva, Yasawa-I-Rara, Vila and Isle of Pines.

It was a fabulous cruise, our best yet.

Hope you like them.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just spent the last couple of hours (during work time mind you) looking at all your photos....this site is excellent so informative and certainly heightens the anticipation of an upcoming cruise...your photos are awesome and I cant wait till I can take my own on my very first cruise.....that ship is so huge when you see it beside the tender boats, think Im going to be surprised (seeing as I have never seen one in real life before, only on tv etc.)....cant wait...thanks:)

Welcome to CC may08. Yes, these boards are great, very friendly & as you said , very informative. Being a first time cruiser you will probably have lots of questions so just ask away, someone will be able to answer them. We have all been on different cruises, different ships & to different ports with very different experiences so between us......"WE KNOW EVERYTHING:D ". Well, probably not everything but we'll certainly help you out. You will have a wonderful cruise on the Dawn. She's beautiful. We went on hrmaiden voyage & booked our next one 2 weeks after we got back.

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys - I saw the PD depart Sydney yesterday and it was the first time I've seen her. It was so exciting and I thought I'd share some photos with those of you that are yet to see her.

We board the Pacific Dawn in 2 months time and after seeing her yesterday hubby and I are newly energized and ready to sail!

http://community.webshots.com/album/562288517APARcC?vhost=community

Hi Prunes71,

Thank you so much for posting those photos of Pacific Dawn. My husband and I are super excited now that she is sailing on her last cruise before ours!! They are great shots and I particularly like the last one with the Opera House in the foreground. Only 9 days to go for us!!

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

geoff /

more great photos. With regards the emblem on the bridge on new years eve it was a countdown thingy.

You say you love lines maybe a throwback to time ill spent at school maybe

keep up the fanatstic work with the descriptions, very entertaining

geoff /

more great photos. With regards the emblem on the bridge on new years eve it was a countdown thingy.

You say you love lines maybe a throwback to time ill spent at school maybe

keep up the fanatstic work with the descriptions, very entertaining

Ha, I was a good student and didn't get many of those lines!! ;)

Was actually pretty straight with that comment. Having fun with some comments. Glad someone is reading them. :)

Just like the look of linear shapes that meet in nature, or engineering. Hard to explain, but Aldo should know what I mean.

Thanks

Hi Geoff. Just watched instalment2. Great photos again. Looking out for more. Have you done a review? Read your blog while you were away. Keep up the good work you do on here for us. Suexxx

Thanks Sue, I have an incomplete review here - http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=692053 and put one into the Cruise Critic review site http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=36701

I have meant to finish this off by giving our impressions of the ports & Islands.

Great shots of the a different view of arrival into Noumea, going into the container terminal instead of the passenger wharf.

Thanks Kym,

Many of the shots are taken from the balcony facing aft. Isn't the container berth beautiful. One passenger ignored the barricades to take some pics. He was chased out by a big wharfie who was yelling and shaking a big shovel.

Is that the captain singing?

He looks like Captain Stubing!!!;)

Great photos

Yes, Captain Stubing sings the Love Boat :p

Actually, yes, ships Master - Captain Peter Russell entertained the throng in the minutes before midnight on NYE, by singing Pretty Woman.

Unexpected moments like these made our cruise.

Sailaway to new years balloon drop 1st 139 pics up, with more later today

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562326236qAkxYW

Now includes Bridge Tour, Champagne Bay and Wala - climbed to 339 images. Hopefully Vila, Lifou & Isle of pines by the end of the week.

Sorry for dragging this on so long!

Here are the photos from P&O Pacific Sun - December 8, 2007 - N739

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianqld/...7603584039655/

They are the same ones from the review, but are easier to find in this thread :)

I'm still going through the photos Geoff, loving it so far.

425 photos, all I can say is "Thank goodness for digital cameras, memory cards, laptops and portable storage".

You must have taken hundreds, possibly thousands.

Did you have the camera surgically removed when you got back? :D;):D

Ian

Here are the photos from P&O Pacific Sun - December 8, 2007 - N739

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ianqld/...7603584039655/

They are the same ones from the review, but are easier to find in this thread :)

I'm still going through the photos Geoff, loving it so far.

425 photos, all I can say is "Thank goodness for digital cameras, memory cards, laptops and portable storage".

You must have taken hundreds, possibly thousands.

Did you have the camera surgically removed when you got back? :D;):D

Ian

Love your pics Ian. There are many gems among them.

I only realised last night that I still had to upload 3 memory cards (including an 8 GB card full of video). Webshots is now at 533 pics and is complete to sailaway from Isle of Pines. After reviewing the pics of sea days, Sydney Harbour, Nautica, Sapphire Princess the number will probably be 650 or close to 900 if you count the pre-cruise stuff too.

Thank heavens my uploads are not metered. Will be approx 1 GB.

Have surgically extracted them (yes more than 1), but have to visit the Queens on the weekend, and that will probably mean a couple more hackey snaps.